Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
The Digital Frontier
Only when a sniper's laser-sight moves across your iPhone to your forehead.

Honestly, I don't think sniper scopes makes a red dot on your head anyways. I think it is just Hollywood speculation. I think most "real" snipers use optical sights instead of red dot, even if it shows up a dot, I think these days green is the cool color.

In that case, I don't think a bullet proof vest, let alone an iPhone would stop it. That is assuming that the sniper would shoot.

Last edited:

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I'm not one to have sympathy for electronic devices, but... isn't this a colossal waste of money that can be put towards better endeavors?

I'd sooner donate $650 to charity than buy something expensive and trash it.

xodiak

Jun 14, 2011
Is there a site that I can enter for these people to send me the iPhone before the destroy it like a retard? I bet you it holds up against a chainsaw with no problems :rolleyes: I guess apple has to put idiot warnings on their products now staiting excessing key scratching, shooting, chainsawing, use underwater, hammering and etc will damage the product. A side note I really wish there was a section on MacRumors for CRAP and they would stop putting these videos as links or articles on the main page. Just put a crap button next to Buyer's Guide and post this stuff there. I want to know if the people doing these "TESTS" honestly expected anything else.

SoGood

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Pathetically wasteful people in society with zero gained apart from web traffic gains for their personal financial benefits.

TimTheEnchanter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
Honestly, I don't think sniper scopes makes a red dot on your head anyways. I think it is just Hollywood speculation. I think most "real" snipers use optical sights instead of red dot, even if it shows up a dot, I think these days green is the cool color.

In that case, I don't think a bullet proof vest, let alone an iPhone would stop it. That is assuming that the sniper would shoot.

Seriously? You have to be the life of any party! That's pure gold!

It kills me that some on this site feel the need to technically correct meaningless details in a funny or sarcastic remark. For the love of Sam Kinison, it's humor!

Besides, I was talking about the fricken sharks with laser beams.

iHateMacs

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Coventry, UK
I am interested in buying an iPhone5 but I am worried how it would survive being inserted into a horses rectum.

Has this been tested yet?

jrhudson

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Hmmm. Such a random test. Ha i think he was bored and wanted to actually destroy the iphone 5

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
This is crap. Lasers would never have destroyed iPhone 5's if Steve was still alive.

Apple is doomed.

Safari isn't as snappy.

I'm leaving Apple etc.

----------

pathetically wasteful people in society with zero gained apart from web traffic gains for their personal financial benefits.

y

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
iPhone can't survive being smashed to bits? I am going samsung all the way baby!!! That this is the Hilux of phones!!! this is pathetic tests and shame on Macrumors for even advertising to gain these idiots more exposure.

----------

I am interested in buying an iPhone5 but I am worried how it would survive being inserted into a horses rectum.

Has this been tested yet?

I also want to know. Do you know if the S3 has survived the horses rectum because if the iPhone doesn't survive it I will go with S3. Can't risk my phone breaking when I reach into a horses ass each day

SouthsideJohnny

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2011
Just wondering... I have seen dozens of things people have done with/to their new phones over the past week.

Has anyone used theirs to make an actual phone call?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.