Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Nice! I loved those games. But what the heck is BeamDog?

It's a digital distribution service like Steam (hence why there won't be a Steam version.) Overhaul games is a division of the company, and they make HD editions of old classics. They recently did MDK2 which was well received.

Most importantly, they are made up of ex-Bioware employees, so they know what they are doing.

MurderousMoppet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
looks like iPad will be a supported platform for BGEE. I'd like to think this bodes well for mac os x.

Frozzie

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2011
Well, I thought it was coming to Mac as well. I don't have any credit card so Steam is the only option.

Dolorian

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2007
Awesome! I really enjoyed both Baldur's Gate games and would love to play them again now in higher resolution.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
i finally, finally got around to playing Baldur's Gate about a year ago now and I just loved it. I am fond of Imoen more than I should be. ;-)

I'm really happy it is coming to Mac and with some added content too. I'm also glad it will be in the Mac App store. I like to purchase games from there.

I hope this team brings all the old Infinity Engine games to the Mac. That would be awesome.

Renzatic

Suspended

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
i finally, finally got around to playing Baldur's Gate about a year ago now and I just loved it. I am fond of Imoen more than I should be. ;-)

I'm really happy it is coming to Mac and with some added content too. I'm also glad it will be in the Mac App store. I like to purchase games from there.

I hope this team brings all the old Infinity Engine games to the Mac. That would be awesome.

they are being re-done for Windows as well, this isn't just a Mac port... they already had Mac versions made many years ago, but those old ones no longer run on current macs.

These are some of the best RPGs ever made.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I read somewhere they want, if Baldur's Gate EE got enough sales for OS X and iOS. They also said they would work on Baldur's Gate 2 EE next.

It's already in their contract to do BG2 EE. They will do that regardless of how well BG1 sells.

Northwestern

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2011
It's already in their contract to do BG2 EE. They will do that regardless of how well BG1 sells.

Of course, they work on BG2 EE, but what about Icewind Dale Series, Planescape Torment, Temple of Elemental Evil? I think the iOS versions of the EE's will help very much with sale numbers. I am so happy to play BG in high resolution on my Mac and with touch on my iPad.

It would be also great to see Fallout 1+2, Kult Heretic Kingdoms, Diablo 1+2, Divine Divinity ... on Mac and iOS.

divamatt

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2012
Of course, they work on BG2 EE, but what about Icewind Dale Series, Planescape Torment, Temple of Elemental Evil? I think the iOS versions of the EE's will help very much with sale numbers. I am so happy to play BG in high resolution on my Mac and with touch on my iPad.

It would be also great to see Fallout 1+2, Kult Heretic Kingdoms, Diablo 1+2, Divine Divinity ... on Mac and iOS.

Planescape! Now that was an awesome RPG. RPG's are rarely truly replayable, but this one really was amazing for the countless directions you could go with the character.

lewdvig

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
South Pole
Planescape! Now that was an awesome RPG. RPG's are rarely truly replayable, but this one really was amazing for the countless directions you could go with the character.

... and if you played it when it came out, it would seem pretty fresh this many years later. 13 years is a long time.

antonis

macrumors 68020
Jun 10, 2011
According to the developer's tweet news, they keep submitting to apple and keep falling onto game-breaking bugs. Makes you wonder what the windows version looked like during launch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.