Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sracer

macrumors G4
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
One of my frustrations with my 4G iPod Touch is that the edges slope to the back so severely that the buttons are in an awkward location. I much prefer the "squared" edges of the iPhone 4 which allow easier access to the buttons.

Is there a case on the market for the iPod Touch 4G that compensates for those edges and makes the sides more squared?

(If this is making any sense)

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 683

sracer

macrumors G4
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Ok, answering my own question....

Yes it does exist.

perspective.png

I just received mine yesterday. This is a terrific case! Exactly what I was looking for. It looks and feels like a thinner iPhone 4. (the smoke clear back shows the Apple logo) The buttons are now very easy to press and overall the device feels solid in the hand.

Last edited:

grndayjeg

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
would you please be able to tell me what brand of case that is or possibly where i could get it. i have been looking for something like that for hours and nothing. thanks. :apple:

----------

nevermind. i feel really stupid. i did not think to click the word exist...i though it was one of those things where you scroll over the word and a little bubble pops up from it showing some add randomly. sorry for wasting your time :p :apple:

sracer

macrumors G4
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
would you please be able to tell me what brand of case that is or possibly where i could get it. i have been looking for something like that for hours and nothing. thanks. :apple:

----------

nevermind. i feel really stupid. i did not think to click the word exist...i though it was one of those things where you scroll over the word and a little bubble pops up from it showing some add randomly. sorry for wasting your time :p :apple:
No problem.

Here's the link for anyone else who may have missed it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00573RTDQ

It is called the CookieCase.

The only issue I have with it is that the back plastic of the case gets scratched just by looking at it. The smoke clear back (the one that I have) appears to hide the scratches better than the solid black back. In spite of that, the more I use this case, the more I love it.

karma13612

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2011
thanks!

The only issue I have with it is that the back plastic of the case gets scratched just by looking at it. The smoke clear back (the one that I have) appears to hide the scratches better than the solid black back. In spite of that, the more I use this case, the more I love it.

based on your positive comments, I just ordered one today to go with my iPod Touch Black, 4G/32GB that I ordered today. They will go together perfectly, I'm sure!!

JunkyDog

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
No problem.

Here's the link for anyone else who may have missed it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00573RTDQ

It is called the CookieCase.

Is there any for the 3G version as well? Would love to have one too, but does it exists for the 3G version?? It has the power button on top left, not top right..

sracer

macrumors G4
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
based on your positive comments, I just ordered one today to go with my iPod Touch Black, 4G/32GB that I ordered today. They will go together perfectly, I'm sure!!
Nice! Congrats on the new Touch in-transit.

Keep in mind that the case is a snug fit. The back of the iPod Touch must be naked (no skin) when inserting it into the case.

JunkyDog

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2011
Nice! Congrats on the new Touch in-transit.

Keep in mind that the case is a snug fit. The back of the iPod Touch must be naked (no skin) when inserting it into the case.

So it dont exist for the 3G version. Nice to know.. thnx...

cma040

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2012
Alternatives

Sorry for necroing this 10-month-old thread, but:

Are there ANY alternatives to the cookiecase? It's been 10 months and nothing new is out?

I'm looking for an iPod Touch case that has "squared" edges, much like the cookiecase, but preferably without the strange opening at the bottom. Everywhere I look, people are complaining about that opening, yet 10 months onwards and they haven't done anything about it, and noone else has made something similiar (improvements)?

Anyway, I have come across silicone cases for the iPod that have corners squared off, but the designs are very playful and immature, "fun" - such as the "Waddler" case and the other Fun series by case-mate.

So I'm wondering, does anyone know of any other square-edged iPod tough 4G cases BESIDES the Cookiecase? The price differences between an iPod Touch 4G and even a secondhand/faulty iPhone in my country is still too big for it to be considered ><

Thanks in advanced

itouchipodtouch

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2012
Sorry for necroing this 10-month-old thread, but:

Are there ANY alternatives to the cookiecase? It's been 10 months and nothing new is out?

I'm looking for an iPod Touch case that has "squared" edges, much like the cookiecase, but preferably without the strange opening at the bottom. Everywhere I look, people are complaining about that opening, yet 10 months onwards and they haven't done anything about it, and noone else has made something similiar (improvements)?

Anyway, I have come across silicone cases for the iPod that have corners squared off, but the designs are very playful and immature, "fun" - such as the "Waddler" case and the other Fun series by case-mate.

So I'm wondering, does anyone know of any other square-edged iPod tough 4G cases BESIDES the Cookiecase? The price differences between an iPod Touch 4G and even a secondhand/faulty iPhone in my country is still too big for it to be considered ><

Thanks in advanced
There is a sillicone case called cassette case search it on eBay you will find it

Grenades&Ham

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2012
Is this the exact shape as an iPhone 4? I'd like to know because I have been wanting an iPhone case that doesnt come in an iPod version. So is this the exact same shape and can you fit an iPhone case over it?

sracer

macrumors G4
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Is this the exact shape as an iPhone 4? I'd like to know because I have been wanting an iPhone case that doesnt come in an iPod version. So is this the exact same shape and can you fit an iPhone case over it?
No. The cookiecase is wider than the iPhone 4. It won't fit inside an iPhone 4 case. (great idea though! I was hoping for the same thing)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.