Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
I'm sure there will be endless hand wringing and gnashing of teeth over this on here. Bet some will even talk about switching to Android over it.

"I can't download my app!! Completely unacceptable!! Steve would have never stood for this!!"

Just try to count the number of screw-ups apple has had over the past two weeks with your fingers, and then you'd realize that you won't have enough. :rolleyes:

krish.rdkb

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
Plz Help!

The new Terms and Conditions preventing to update!!! Any info and help is appreciated from you guys!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    159.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

pbush25

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Probably has something to do with all the stuff in the agreement no one ever reads. Maybe each of those is different, and they're trying to see how many silly things people will accept before they give up.

dwmc

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2012
At least we macrumors readers know where to look when we observe these kinds of problems. I feel bad for the first-time iPhone owners who just bought a new iPhone 5 and are trying to get their first third-party app and wondering why it doesn't "just work".

It would be nice if Apple did something about the endless loop when this kind of thing occurs; instead of telling me to try my purchase after I hit "Agree", tell me something is wrong and to try again in a few hours.

The Infinite Loop address is ironic in these kinds of glitches. :)

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
Ah the Sunday evening errors.

Someone will get jolted when the walk into the office in the morning. And not jolted by their latte.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Just try to count the number of screw-ups apple has had over the past two weeks with your fingers, and then you'd realize that you won't have enough. :rolleyes:

It's a bit annoying but I'm guessing it will be resolved pretty quickly. These kinds of things affect all companies.

spasticapple

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
It has to be due to them removing Ping.

Ping: "I'm not going out without a fight! If you're taking me down, I'm taking the whole store with me!"

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010

Why does everything have to be a "-gate?"

It is in homage to the first such scandal, which brought down a president. I believe it was called "Watergate-gate".

oban14

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
It serves them right. A pointless novella of unreadable legalese prose, constantly updated and constantly requiring you to "agree" (but not actually read the stupid thing) if you want to just sync your phone or ipod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.