Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batmangorden

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
I took this at the exact right moment of sunset. It turned out looking sort of like a nuclear explosion!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 888

batmangorden

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
Really? I mean of course, how can you expect a mushroom cloud? It looks like the beginning of a nuc blast when it first detonates.

Well, best picture I've ever taken.:D

ghettochris

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
Almost 10 responses! Not a waste at all kind sir!#

now you've got 11, but when they're all saying WTF, that's not a good thing. I mean, it's not even a good sky picture, let alone looking like a nuke. you failed miserably.

or are you just an attention whore who gets off at people replying that you're smoking crack. :D:cool::eek::confused::mad::p;):rolleyes:

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
All you need to do was adjust the levels slightly and the mushroom cloud shows up. Oh, and straighten the horizon.

The "Nuclear Explosion" bit may have been a slight over sell and under deliver.

Attachments

• image_r.jpg
    image_r.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 170

batmangorden

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
now you've got 11, but when they're all saying WTF, that's not a good thing. I mean, it's not even a good sky picture, let alone looking like a nuke. you failed miserably.

or are you just an attention whore who gets off at people replying that you're smoking crack. :D:cool::eek::confused::mad::p;):rolleyes:

Wow, no need to result to name calling. It was just a simple picture and statement I made about the picture.

No need to call me an "attention whore". I am a very nice person and even more so on the internet. I don't take things too seriously either.

I was just real happy I took a nice picture.

Man, one of my first treads on this forum and I'm already getting my head chewed off! :rolleyes:

All you need to do was adjust the levels slightly and the mushroom cloud shows up. Oh, and straighten the horizon.

The "Nuclear Explosion" bit may have been a slight over sell and under deliver.

LOL, now it looks like a big orange tree! ^_^

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Man, one of my first treads on this forum and I'm already getting my head chewed off! :rolleyes:

Eh, it happens unfortunately. You should see what happens when you tell someone not to tell Apple they didn't know there was water damage in a computer. :rolleyes:

jW

Perrumpo

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
Take it easy on the guy. There IS a flash that goes off first during a nuclear explosion, so perhaps that's the effect the OP was referring to, which I can see. Just not exactly something to start a new thread for, seeing as how there are several existing threads meant for sharing your photos.

batmangorden

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2012
Don't take the responses too personally :) .

Thanks.

I don't take them the least bit seriously. I mostly come to the internet to become informed and learn things, and to have fun. Never to waste my time getting butt hurt over over a comment or suspecting sarcasm in someone.:D

I used to be part of a forum that basically had no limit to what your mind could post. It was 100% freedom, and to a certain extent, it worked out ok. It shut down early this year due to the owner having other obligations.....(marriage).

ghettochris

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
Wow, no need to result to name calling. It was just a simple picture and statement I made about the picture.

No need to call me an "attention whore". I am a very nice person and even more so on the internet. I don't take things too seriously either.

I was just real happy I took a nice picture.

LOL, now it looks like a big orange tree! ^_^

I wasn't calling you an attention whore, just asking if you we're one :p. I wasn't being serious either. funny thing is looking at the thumbnail now I see the glowing dome you must have been talking about. Try for a little earlier or late next time for more colorful clouds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.