Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
That was annoying but it appears to be fixed. For a minute there I thought it was because I didn't read through dozens and dozens of pages of legal jargon.

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
that was annoying but it appears to be fixed. For a minute there i thought it was because i didn't read through dozens and dozens of pages of legal jargon.

"licensor does not warrant against interference with your enjoyment of the licensed application"

DrDomVonDoom

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
Fairbanks, Ak
thats really weird, i noticed the agreement change, and clicked it and my stuff downloaded like 20 minutes ago, and i just happen to look up on here and it was some problem. lol.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
i went through the accepting of terms with no issue earlier, before i even read this thread.

jroadley

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2009
Norwich, UK
Does this explain why I can't see my previous purchased apps?

downloaded something on my ipad and went to install it on my sons but the "install" option wasn't there just the price of the app

michelepri

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
Rome, Paris, Berlin
Itunes bureaucracy and complications is the single strongest reason that made me buy an Android phone (there's also the boring Iphone design, but that's minor).

I still prefer the interface of IOS, but buying apps and moving data around is becoming a complicated task. App stores asking people to agree on things, credit cards from one country not working in other store, always asking for passwords, which don't even always work correctly. Apple used to be known for simplicity, and it's still that way on their computers. Their telephones are becoming impossible to use if you want to do more than call and write SMS. And even there the activation bureaucracy is not fun.

Zunjine

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2009
If you listened to some forum members and press commentators you'd be left with two standout impressions of Apple over the years.

1) Nothing ever went wrong under Steve Jobs - there were never any products that people didn't like, no design choices that were less than universally applauded and no leaks or security lapses.

2) Since Jobs left/died there has been an exponential rise in the above leading to poor results and the haemorrhaging of customers.

Neither of the above impressions are true. This is a wonderful example of selective memory and confirmation bias.

There were plenty of cock-ups under Jobs and plenty of complaints about products and design choices. Does no one remember how much people hated aspects of Lion? What about the new Apple TV interface? The scratch prone iPod Nano? The buttonless shuffle? No front camera in the iPad? Ping?! AntennaGate!?!

On the other hand, since the death of Steve Jobs Apple has successfully launched a new iPad with a Retina display, the Retina Macbook (first ever HDPI notebook if I remember rightly), a hugely successful iPhone 5 and enhancements to a range of different products and services - this is all in the space of one year. Sales are growing rapidly in notebooks, iPads and iPhones, profits are up, revenue is up, customer satisfaction ratings are as high as ever.

Apple was never perfect and, sure enough, it's not perfect now. There have been good and bad points since Jobs died, just as their were before his death. The hysteria over ever little thing is just silly. I mean, "scuff gate"; a scandal wherein Apple was unable to defy the nature of the materials they are using? Sure, you could argue there have been a number of iPhone 5's that arrived "scuffed" but this number is likely to be extremely small. Probably just a couple of bad batches. Maps? The new Maps App is better in some ways than the old one and worse in others. It has not been the kind of big-deal that many media watchers hoped it would be. A couple of server outages that lasted a few minutes? A glitch or two in the App Store? Come on people, let's get some perspective here.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Itunes bureaucracy and complications is the single strongest reason that made me buy an Android phone (there's also the boring Iphone design, but that's minor).

I still prefer the interface of IOS, but buying apps and moving data around is becoming a complicated task. App stores asking people to agree on things, credit cards from one country not working in other store, always asking for passwords, which don't even always work correctly. Apple used to be known for simplicity, and it's still that way on their computers. Their telephones are becoming impossible to use if you want to do more than call and write SMS. And even there the activation bureaucracy is not fun.

Sorry to hear that. No complications for me. iTunes has been awesome for me. Never had any issues "buying apps and moving data around".

Enjoy your new Android phone :)

Last edited:

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
I was having the issue on my iPhone, but then went to my iPad and downloaded an app there and was able to accept the terms on my iPad without a problem, then I could update the apps on my phone.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Hey apple, first you introduce a hideous interface to your app store, and now you plague it with server issues. :rolleyes:
Android/ winPhone is look a lot more attractive now.

Yes, I'm sure things will be much better for you with a Winphone. Go for it. :p

henrystar

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2009
Why does everything have to be a "-gate?"

You are RIGHT! I call this stupidity "Gategate!"

----------

That was annoying but it appears to be fixed. For a minute there I thought it was because I didn't read through dozens and dozens of pages of legal jargon.

Everyone is being trained to be a liar by these sites where you have to lie about reading pages of legal rubbish. It is leading to moral decay in the world.

goodtwin315

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
1. non-functional 'purchases' section in app store
2. battery life problems on iPhone 4/4S
3. Wifi glitch that kicked every iOS users out from their wifi
4. Passbook (still cant access the list of passbook apps if you have a pass installed in the app)
5. damaged iPhone 5s out of the box
6. Wifi drop/lag on iPhone 5
7. 'More reviews' button didnt work until 2 days after iOS 6's public release
8. Awful app store layout that lags on every 'old device'

You're welcome, now open your eyes and understand that apple is screwing up big this month.

The big difference between Apple and other companies is that Apple is very well covered, very popular and easy to find errors just because of the sheer number of devices.

If everyone thinks other cell phone manufactures don't have the same issues, it's because there isn't a website like "Android rumors.com" to get the issues out there. At least apple stands by their products , any issues I have had I have had a replacement device given with little to no effort

Ramchi

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
India
Not for me

I own three iPhone two iPads and one iMac located in India. Not having such issues recently.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Actually, this has been happening to me since using the iOS 6 GM on my iPhone 4 and it happened to me a little bit with my five. I guess it's resolved now, but you could fix it yourself if you kept trying. Mine also asked for the security code on my debit card but still timed out, but you could get it to work if you kept manually going to your account on your iOS device, but I think what I ended up doing was using iTunes to put the information in and then it stopped giving me the error on my iPhone.

apple_iBoy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
Although the story claims the issue has been resolved, I am still have it as of 6:30 am EST.

My iTunes Match was all screwed up after iOS 6 update and I had been getting Apple support help with that. Was overseas for a week and couldn't test it out until now — and I'm stuck in this recurring "Terms & Conditions" loop.

Not too happy.

P.S. While I was on my trip I used Passbook with Lufthansa for my boarding passes. Neat idea. Too bad I had to apply the date change workaround a couple times to get the updated app to download.

P.P.S. While writing this post, I was continually interrupted by the Terms & Conditions message literally every 2 seconds. I had to quit out of the Music app to make it stop.

Somebody is royally screwing the pooch at Apple these days. This feels like hobbiest ********, like getting an old Tandy to do stuff.

Last edited:

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Why does everything have to be a "-gate?"

An especially trenchant question since I would guess that the majority of folks on this site have no idea of the origin of the suffix.

It's also incredibly stale!

(None of you old farts, like me, need respond. I know the old folks on the site know the origin...all twelve of us!! :D )

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
It should be of no surprise that an iTunes glitch like this gets fixed very quickly.

For one - I am sure it was a relatively easy fix.

But more importantly - every minute that iTunes is down is loss of revenue from sales of apps and media.

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
I'm distressed to note that Apple seems to have had a large-and-increasing number of mis-steps lately. Apple Maps is the most glaring example, this iTunes glitch is another.

Wordman

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2010
Fast

Yeah, as soon as the bug potentially affects revenue, it gets fixed pronto.

The Apple TV update problems (such as home sharing not working), probably be waiting a while. I hate to say this, but I think Apple are losing a sense of the importance of their market. The brand could be brilliant if they'd just pay a little more attention to customers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.