Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TBone67

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
Message from Steve

WTF Tim! What are you doing? You let the buggiest IOS to date be released!
The Maps App was a Flop!
Everyone knew what the damn phone looked like before it was released.
You cant keep up with the US supply of iphone 5 and you sending to other countries!

Now rewarding your workers for inadequacies!

I say work over the holidays to fix the IOS Issues!

James L

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
Thank you Tim but as usual, retail staff will not spend thanksgiving with family...

we will have to work...

so guys in their offices have their 3 days off, and people working their a_s_s off all year long will continue to enjoy working their a_s_s off for the company and will take these 3 days in Feb or March like past years

great

Retail employees shouldn't be surprised that retail stores remain open to.... you know... sell products.

If they don't like this perhaps a different line of work would be in order?

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
Cook may never be the visionary that Jobs was, but I think he will prove to be the better CEO. Cook strikes a more diplomatic tone with other companies and is better at generating employee morale. Apple has grown into a mature company (that still has growth potential) and going forward, I think management will prove to be more important than vision. (NOT meaning that it's unimportant, just not as critical as their earlier days). I think Jobs recognized this and it's why he chose Cook.

This kind of transition worked out well for Disney and IBM. It is also what's happening at Google - they used to churn out new products at an almost weekly rate.

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
I'm going to assume that these extra days off do not count against any employee's personal leave (or annual leave or whatever Apple calls it) - it's literally extra time off with pay. If so, that's cool.

With seven weeks notice, I could probably get my boss to approve taking the entire week of Nov. 19 off, but it would cost me 24 hours that I'd rather use at some other point.

jamojamo

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
Thank you Tim but as usual, retail staff will not spend thanksgiving with family...

we will have to work...

so guys in their offices have their 3 days off, and people working their a_s_s off all year long will continue to enjoy working their a_s_s off for the company and will take these 3 days in Feb or March like past years

great

Did you even read what you wrote because it sounds like you are pissed because you (in retail) have to work some of the busiest days of retail sales for the year and then - get this - you get to take those 3 days off in less hectic retail months.

So basically you are saying "Waaaaah, I have to take my 3 days later than someone else."

Wow. You seriously should look for a new line of work.

tekno

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011

we will have to work...

great

You work in a shop. Get over it.

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Not before you give us the damn iMac.

"post pc era" , no more Imac this year..or..ever i fear.

----------

I saw that and that was my first thought as well. In the other hand we all know professionals need the tools to make apps for the iToys, so I don't think Apple will abandon it completely.

Tools?I fear tools are on Windows side,while the ones on Mac are on fading side
(Final Cut X docet).

tYNS

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2001
No new iMacs, no new Mac Pros, a terrible iPhone 5 launch, closure of Ping, launch of a very mediocre 'new' OSX, Lightning adaptors not available on iPhone launch, disastrous launch of Maps... yes, I can see it's been an outstanding year.

I was just about to write this same things. This is probably the least innovative and lack lustre year of apple since 1996. I have been using Apple products professionally for 2 decades. This year I was "forced" to buy a PC. It made me incredibly sad to have to leave the apple universe.

The crowds apple has attracted now are strangely forgiving of the ginormous holes in the desktop line. OS X is in very poor shape as well. Ever since Bertrand left.. OS x has been extremely buggy and losing it's professional limbs. It is an extension of the ipad/iphone it seems.

I sure hope the best for apple's post-pc strategy, but honestly.. Other than just copying google services, they don't have much functionality or substance any more for professionals. The style of the hardware is innovative, but they lost the guts. They used to be on par if not ahead of the PC industry.

Joesmith13245

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
This letter applies to everyone except Scott Forstall. He will be handling all support calls for IOS6 issues during that 5 day period.

b33g33

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012

we will have to work...

great

Did you not know this when you signed up to work in retail?

Maybe being a 'genius' takes some of the sting out of it? No?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.