Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eoren1

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
Received my Tones in the mail just now!

i-QH3W5sw-L.jpg

Just got the blue and purple Tones cases in the mail.
Coming from prior Switcheasy cases for past iPhones including Colors, Trim, Lux

First impressions:
Fits well. Everything lines up fine.
Hard plastic feel with some texture to it
I thought this was a 2-piece case like the Capsule Rebel but it is one piece. Also thought the corners would feel more like the mushy plastic of the Colors case but they are fairly firm
Headphones fit (both new pods and my old Sony set)
Camera clearance looks fine
It does have a lip so that screen does not lie flat when laid face down

More pix (post questions and I'll try to answer them). All pix taken with iPhone 4 except in-package shots with naked iPhone 5. I may take a few better pix once wife comes home with her iPhone 5 to compare the two:
i-kR5xT4Z-L.jpg

i-3pRxpMv-L.jpg

i-wNQhf6g-L.jpg

i-DTPTGXs-L.jpg

i-SCj9JQM-L.jpg

i-5c6cZ5R-L.jpg

i-DFHMP5v-L.jpg

Flash shot taken in case
i-nMXhf5P-L.jpg

Poob Bubes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2007
More pix (post questions and I'll try to answer them).

Are the covered buttons easy to press and how is the tactile feedback? Also, how is the back film protector (if you've applied it)?

Last edited:

eoren1

macrumors 6502
Aug 17, 2007
Very easy to press
Feedback is fine

Only concern with case is that I thought it would have more of a rubbery base with a hard plastic shell over middle. Like a slick new Capsule rebel. Just not sure what the drop protection is like.

YungMoola94

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010

Just got the blue and purple Tones cases in the mail.
Coming from prior Switcheasy cases for past iPhones including Colors, Trim, Lux

First impressions:
Fits well. Everything lines up fine.
Hard plastic feel with some texture to it
I thought this was a 2-piece case like the Capsule Rebel but it is one piece. Also thought the corners would feel more like the mushy plastic of the Colors case but they are fairly firm
Headphones fit (both new pods and my old Sony set)
Camera clearance looks fine
It does have a lip so that screen does not lie flat when laid face down

More pix (post questions and I'll try to answer them). All pix taken with iPhone 4 except in-package shots with naked iPhone 5. I may take a few better pix once wife comes home with her iPhone 5 to compare the two:

Flash shot taken in case

Hi please tell me if the bottom part is loose? Like if its in your pockets does it stretch?

mzd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
so does the rubber feel snug enough at the top and bottom? or does it feel saggy with the potential for a lot of dirt to get in there. it looks like the sides are nicely reinforced with the hard plastic.

terriyaki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2005
Vancouver
Seems like those of you in the States are starting to receive your online orders now.

Any Canadians that ordered through the International store receive theirs yet?

crampinator

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
My only real question is: does this case add a lot of bulk to the phone? It makes it look a bit thick.

Jriddim

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Are any of you finding it difficult to install/remove this case? I was reading a review that said it wasn't very easy.

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
Are any of you finding it difficult to install/remove this case? I was reading a review that said it wasn't very easy.

Yeah I saw that review too. I'm not sure what problems he was having, but I was able to remove and reinstall my black Tones pretty easily without any worries of damaging my phone. :)

I'm really liking the case so far btw... I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a small low profile case with a lay on the table design.

Thrilledge

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
My only real question is: does this case add a lot of bulk to the phone? It makes it look a bit thick.

I got it in the mail yesterday. If you have the Eclipse for iPhone 4. It feels the same way. It adds a little bit to the phone. Its basically the Eclipse case with a different design

imazu

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2012
Couch

Attachments

• PA020389.jpg
    PA020389.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 255
  • PA020390.JPG
    PA020390.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 185
  • PA020400.jpg
    PA020400.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 207
  • PA020401.JPG
    PA020401.JPG
    906.3 KB · Views: 159
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.