Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Jul 26, 2012, 05:48 AM   #26
mixel
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to mixel Send a message via MSN to mixel Send a message via Yahoo to mixel
Photoshop CS6 running like a champ here, and has done throughout the DP builds.

Interested in people's experiences with Flash though, my only friends who use it complain about crashiness at the best of times so OS upgrades might be scary for them!
mixel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 07:28 AM   #27
Lancer
macrumors 68000

Good to know CS3 still works, I have enough money to get an iMac but not enough for CS6 or an upgrade.
Lancer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:11 AM   #28
sedarby
macrumors regular

Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpitcairn View Post
surprised how quickly Avid made a comment!
Probably because of all the problems people had with their products and Lion.
sedarby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:38 AM   #29
Sylon
macrumors 68000

Finally running on ML, just tested Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 and Adobe Premiere Elements 10, and both seem to be working fine. I was able to edit a photo in Photoshop, however I didn't render any video in Premiere because I didn't have anything to render.

I did notice a small hiccup with Premiere though. I was missing the grey bar at the top of the window, so I couldn't really close the program. Reopening a new project restored the bar though, so no biggie.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 09:49 AM   #30
joenj07087
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpine View Post
If it were only so. A good friend watched his ProTools recording software (only two years or so old) cease to function with Lion.

I have been running Celemony Melodyne and Ableton Live 8 without problems...thank goodness!

oh I see you meant with Lion, well it ran good for me with Lion and now with ML.
joenj07087 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:01 AM   #31
togg
macrumors newbie

yea yea, but I still need photoshop optimised for mbpr
togg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:36 AM   #32
Artful Dodger
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex72 View Post
I'm with you. Running CS4 + a bunch of Topaz plug-ins under 10.6.8, and waiting for a good, solid 'all clear' -- especially as I can't remember where all my install media are.
Back in October 2011 I bought a new iMac and had a moment where I didn't consider if my CS4, printers, scanners or anything would work well. It wasn't until March-May that my printer was able to work fully once again as Canon was slow as snails with a few small issues. I still have a nice scanner that no drivers will work under Lion, not cool but I moved along.

I just purchased the Topaz Suite a few months ago and even with great CS from them I will hold off and not be the first round of guinea pigs. I was thinking about upgrading to CS6 this fall but for now I work with what I have as I see we are running almost the same. I will be putting in an email to Topaz this weekend and will post any feedback in the photo forum here about the specific responses from them
Old Jul 26, 2012, 04:27 PM   #33
morespce54
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubwvj View Post
...If an application works under MacOS 1.0 (not X) then it should also run fine under MacOSX10.7 what ever. Apple should not be breaking our tools...
You know, there's a different OS that does just that: Windows XP/Vista
Old Jul 26, 2012, 04:38 PM   #34
morespce54
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
Back in October 2011 I bought a new iMac and had a moment where I didn't consider if my CS4, printers, scanners or anything would work well. It wasn't until March-May that my printer was able to work fully once again as Canon was slow as snails with a few small issues. I still have a nice scanner that no drivers will work under Lion, not cool but I moved along.
Ever heard of SANE? I had that problem with my old scanner and that did the trick! There's a bit of work that needs to be done on your hand (download/install in proper order) but I could make it work in less than 5 min. Unfortunately, you don't get all the nice options, only bare minimum but that was enough for me to use my scanner from Preview and Image Capture. But I didn't tried to install it on ML yet...
Old Jul 26, 2012, 05:49 PM   #35
Artful Dodger
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by morespce54 View Post
Ever heard of SANE? I had that problem with my old scanner and that did the trick! There's a bit of work that needs to be done on your hand (download/install in proper order) but I could make it work in less than 5 min. Unfortunately, you don't get all the nice options, only bare minimum but that was enough for me to use my scanner from Preview and Image Capture. But I didn't tried to install it on ML yet...
Never heard of that, thank you. It makes me nuts per se because of all the Canon scanners that got updated drivers, mine being a really nice unit is the only one that hasn't been updated, laughs. I have been getting by with my MX882 but I really like the other scanner, maybe in time I'll play around
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:55 AM   #36
FrankeeD
macrumors newbie

Captivate 6 & Mountain Lion

Creating a new project using Captivate 6 in Mountain Lion results in this message: "A fatal error has occured and the application is being terminated."

Works fine in Snow Leopard.
FrankeeD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2012, 02:20 PM   #37
derbothaus
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpine View Post
If it were only so. A good friend watched his ProTools recording software (only two years or so old) cease to function with Lion.
So re-install 10.6. Studio now functions. No backups and no planning on 10.7 compatibility? Friend needs to stop profession or work with tape/ analogue.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 03:36 PM   #38
UTclassof89
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post
I don't see why people are complaining about Adobe, they're saying things are fine for the most part.
Because this is MacRumors, and Adobe is everyone's favorite piņata here. (I was also perplexed by the headline).
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:31 AM   #39
sajaki
macrumors newbie

Fireworks runs fine

Fireworks cs6 & pse 8 running without a hitch on my 2008 imac with ML 10.8.2.

so nothing to worry about
sajaki is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion