Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rootus

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2008
Portland, OR
Exactly. If it has to work, you stay with known stable releases. I give people similar advice when they use their notebooks and desktops for work.
That's tough to enforce when you can't run iOS5 on iPhone 5, and a lot of people use personal smartphones for work these days.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
the fewer the meetings the better.

if it wasn't for all of the meetings, i would actually get work done

--------------
Sent via my iPhone in a meeting

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
Not much good news in the Apple press lately. Maps suck, Siri is broken (you can't even get the weather in New York CITY...you get New York, Texas), nobody on planet earth can figure out how in the hell Passbook works, and now this...

Jesus.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
What else is there? Lotus Notes :confused:

:eek: NO...Not Notes!!! It was okay for its time, but wow...talk about bad.

There are few alternatives unfortunately. GroupWise is abomination as well. Secure, but Novell? Blah...IMO

Aeroscout

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2010
Glad to see this is finally getting attention. Meeting invite integration with iCal, Outlook, Exchange, iOS, iCloud has been problematic since long before iOS 6 came out. Maybe a fix will be in the works soon with a this kind of attention. Or am I just being overly optimistic?

RGPphotog

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
Orlando FL
Clearly, "You RSVP'd wrong!"

Or

"You will attend this meeting!" *waves the-force hand*.... "Cause if you don't, you'll ruin it for everyone else!"

vkramer

macrumors regular
May 15, 2008
I have and they are cheap as hell. Only a handful of select upper level management get phones. But everybody needs access to schedule/mail

If you hook up your private phone to your companies then its your problem and not the admins. If they do that to your work phone, then again, not your issue.

You clearly never worked for a corporate.

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
"...effectively canceling the invitation for all attendees".

It sounds like the issue is just that all attendees are notified your cancellation. I doubt one attendee decline would cancel the meeting for all.

I think it would cancel the meeting if two people were meeting and one of them cancelled. Would you need a booked conference room to meet with yourself? I've seen such meetings be cancelled on both sides when one accepts and later cancels a meeting.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
Not much good news in the Apple press lately. Maps suck, Siri is broken (you can't even get the weather in New York CITY...you get New York, Texas), nobody on planet earth can figure out how in the hell Passbook works, and now this...

Jesus.

Huh? Not saying it's perfect, but that's a pretty big generalization. Maps have worked fine for me in my area. Siri has been fine for what I've used it for, including weather in my area. I've added 2 items to Passbook, and they're pretty cool. Basic, but it works. I'm sure over time all of it will improve...

tranceme

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2006
California, US
Interesting. Not happening to us. We have Exchange 2007 and 2010 servers. No issues. That being said, this integration was never perfect. Partly the problem lies with Exchange. We have tons of issues with Outlook clients and Exchange. Meetings get screwed up without iPhones or Android phones at times.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
If I could I would urge people never to touch Microsoft Exchange due to the fact that admins have the ability to wipe your phone with one click and no permission.

What a buncha ******** that is...

Ha ha, what? So if your phone is stolen you're gonna call up the theif and ask them nicely to erase your data for you?

komodrone

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2011
You mean, enterprise shouldn't upgrade to the very latest major software releases? Who knew!

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
Interesting. Not happening to us. We have Exchange 2007 and 2010 servers. No issues. That being said, this integration was never perfect. Partly the problem lies with Exchange. We have tons of issues with Outlook clients and Exchange. Meetings get screwed up without iPhones or Android phones at times.

^^^ This...

I've been using Exchange [Admin/User] since 5.5. Every release fixes a few things, and breaks others. Unfortunately, the alternatives aren't much better. Its like picking out what gun you want to shoot yourself with...

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
That Isn't A Bug-It Is a Feature!

Wow, this will increase productivity everywhere there are meetings upon meetings.:p

bankshot

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Southern California
"...effectively canceling the invitation for all attendees".

It sounds like the issue is just that all attendees are notified your cancellation. I doubt one attendee decline would cancel the meeting for all.

And, if it did cancel the meeting for everyone when one person declined, that sounds like an Exchange bug.

Exactly what I was thinking. While it sounds like there is an Apple bug here, Exchange shouldn't allow anyone but the meeting organizer to cancel a meeting, regardless of whether it receives unexpected input.

cadillac1234

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2010
Haven't noticed a problem with our small 2010 hosted exchange server.

We just did a test, with a decline and no issues.

Joesmith13245

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
who the hell still uses exchange Jeeps! :eek:

pls join the 21st century

it's not 1995 anymore

Microsoft Exchange is the industry standard for Coporate Email and continues to be actively developed in the 21st century. I suspect you are thinking of another product?

Tobins

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2012
Best FEATURE EVER!!!

Sorry, how is this a bug? =D I get way too many meeting requests at my job, having a way to make them vanish from the exchange server is the BEST THING EVER!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.