Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
am i the only one experiencing this? any fix?

it doesnt matter if its public wifi or private. i get good speeds but only get 1 bar on the wifi signal. not normal right?

lukekarts

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2009
am i the only one experiencing this? any fix?

it doesnt matter if its public wifi or private. i get good speeds but only get 1 bar on the wifi signal. not normal right?

Exactly the same.

(Google search brought me here btw).

Every wifi connection I have been on shows just 1 bar of signal, though speeds are fine and it doesn't cut out? Odd.

frolo

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2006
I recently noticed my phone doing the same thing. Wifi strength would always show up at one bar, no matter how close I was to the router. Restarting fixed it.

stonyboys

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
I don't understand the problem here... You guys are complaining that your wifi acts like 3 bar but only shows 1? Do you guys use your wifi bars to pick up chicks?

abercrombie

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2008
Parent's Basement
Yea, I'm noticing the same issue. My previous iPhone 4 had better signal indicators but WIFI is still fast on my iPhone 5, just the signal shows 1 bar. Hopefully they get this fixed in the next iOS update. :apple:

DorkieDoode

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Just bought the phone 2 weeks ago. Today I just got this problem. Full speed with one signal bar. A simple restart does solve the problem though. Let see if its going to happen again.

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
I found that setting the HTTP proxy to auto also improves wifi much more for me in my case. Makes it much more consistent

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.