Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated its Apple Store app for iOS [App Store], adding support for the larger screen of the iPhone 5.

apple_store_app_iphone_5.jpg
Compatibility with the larger 4-inch screen of the iPhone 5 also means that the app will be optimized for the fifth-generation iPod touch when it becomes available. Apple is preparing to ship the first orders of the device, with the actual availability date being rumored for October 9.

Article Link: 'Apple Store' App Updated for iPhone 5

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
About time. If it took Apple this long for their own store app, how long will it take the hundreds of thousands of other apps to update.

dethmaShine

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2010
Into the lungs of Hell
About time. If it took Apple this long for their own store app, how long will it take the hundreds of thousands of other apps to update.

I will chime in there.

I had my credit card expired two weeks back and my AppleID through which I buy apps was associated with this card. Given I was lazy and didn't care about the updates as I am extremely busy these ays — I didn't update my bank info.

After 2 weeks, I had 41 updates for my iPhone 4S and 34 out of them — 'included support for iPhone 5'.

I am just going to say that Apple did delay this although they should've not. But you must understand that this is not a very important app; pretty important for their business but people are only recently receiving their iPhone 5 devices. Had it been the case that the app didn't support some kind of device before the iPhone 5 launch, this would have been atrocious.

Just my 2 cents.

jeremyshaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2011
I don't know if I'm seeing things, but is the ipad compat. feature allowing for the higher height of the iphone 5?

madman365

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2008
WHy can't I order Apple Gift Cards?

My biggest complaint is not be ing able to order Apple Gift Store Gift crads from the app. I can on the website...just not in the app. What gives? MAYBE I would like to gift an iPhone.

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
And still no way to get my Apple gift cards into Passbook without downloading another app. C'mon Apple, get it together.

dwhittington

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2007
Houston, TX
Who cares

I use this app all the time, but I don't really care that it took Apple a while to get it updated. Which would you rather see? Should Apple have delayed the release of the iPhone 5 for this app? Or should they have released the iPhone 5 last quarter so they can recognize revenue from sales of 5 million phones before the end of last quarter. Geez, tough business decision. LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.