Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sap12690

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Anybody know of the "best" quality bumper for the iPhone 5? Not a bumper case, but just the bumper. Looking for wither a metallic look/feel or just a simple black one.

hogsdill

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2007
I bought the Monoprice Bumper and really like it. I also bought the Best Case Bumper from Target and didn't like it nearly as much as the Monoprice. The bumper from Target was not as thin.

S.L.

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012
USA
I used the Monoprice bumpers for my 4 and am waiting for some for my 5, they're in the mail as I type.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
I think what you're looking for is the Neo Hybrid EX Snow series (white/silver or all white):
wCqpnek.jpg

and Neo Hybrid EX Vivid series (yellow/black or all black):
wyYNbla.jpg

SGP has also updated the Neo Hybrid EX range with a slimmer version.
spigen_iphone_5_neo_hybrid_ex_slim_bumper_colors.jpg

iphone_5_neo_hybrid_ex_slim_snow-white_spigen_1.jpg
phone_5_neo_hybrid_ex_slim_metal-metal_slate_spigen.jpg

Last edited:

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Cheap $3 bumper off ebay in the design of Apple's original bumper FTW. Picked up a 3 pack for like $11 shipped. Rocking one right now and am very happy. Metal buttons, nice fit, good to go.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
The iBlason on Amazon is decent.

Its edges feel thicker than the original 4 bumper from Apple.
Its logo wipes off effortlessly with some rubbing alcohol.
Buttons were good but a bit rattly, couple layers of tiny pieces of electrical tape on their underside snugged them up and have perfect tactile feedback now.

Not horrible other than edge thickness for $9.

Target and Worldshopping one from Amazon far worse.

floss

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2009

The iPhone 4 version looks interesting, very similar to the original Apple bumper, hopefully they turn out to be the same quality. I'll be on the lookout for this brand for sure.

The Spigens are way too thick for my taste.

Edit: Actually just watched a video for the iPhone 4 version of the Bump and it's pretty thick/fat as well, here's hoping the i5 version isn't as bulky.

It seems impossible to find a bumper that's of the same quality of the original Apple one.

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012

Wow, that one takes the cake for ugliest case ever. Hands down.

----------

I've always liked the Spigens. But, the problem with the 4S version was that the hole for the headphone jack was too small. It only fit the Apple earphones. Have they changed that in the i5 version?

Holoshed

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2011
North Carolina

Attachments

• iphonebumper-front.JPG
    iphonebumper-front.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,254
  • iphonebumper-back.JPG
    iphonebumper-back.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,110
  • iphonebumper-side.JPG
    iphonebumper-side.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,342
  • iphonebumper-bottom.JPG
    iphonebumper-bottom.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 955
  • iphonebumper-top.JPG
    iphonebumper-top.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 855

Aimetti

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
image_1.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

Ive had many cases and this is by far my favorite. Its a knockoff from ebay but the quality is amazing compared to my buddies real one. Not sure how thats possible given the $15 price tag on ebay. Unfortunately it looks like the listing was taken down. If I see it again I will post it for you guys.

No signal issues either

Giuly

macrumors 68040
View attachment 369394

View attachment 369395

View attachment 369396

Ive had many cases and this is by far my favorite. Its a knockoff from ebay but the quality is amazing compared to my buddies real one. Not sure how thats possible given the $15 price tag on ebay. Unfortunately it looks like the listing was taken down. If I see it again I will post it for you guys.

No signal issues either

Is it all metal, or is there something to prevent it from scuffing the bajeezes out of the iPhone?

db67fm

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I use the one from Monoprice.

It fits well and is very thin. Lock button takes a little bit of pressure to push but other than that its great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.