Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TijmenDal

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Hi,

So I transfered an ISO image to a USB stick using a couple terminal commands.
Now, I want to get rid of the image, but all the options are blocked out? Which is weird. Is there a Terminal command or something to reset the disk? Because now my disk it rendered useless (which kinda sucks...)

Thanks!

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
What Terminal commands did you use to copy the ISO? Where did you get them from (URL of website, or whatever you read that told you what cmds to use)?

What kind of USB stick is it (model, capacity)?

You say "all the options are blocked out", so please take a screen shot and post it.

TijmenDal

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
What Terminal commands did you use to copy the ISO? Where did you get them from (URL of website, or whatever you read that told you what cmds to use)?

What kind of USB stick is it (model, capacity)?

You say "all the options are blocked out", so please take a screen shot and post it.

They're just 'unclickable' you, know the light gray.

I got the terminal command from internet; various sources gave the same command. I'm no coding-genius, but the command was legit.

I unmounted the disk and then used 'dd if= *Iso location* of=/dev/disk bs=1m

SpetsnaZ99

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2012
UK
If there is nothing on the drive that you want, have you considered inserting the drive into a windows machine. If it doesnt detect it as a valid drive then it may possibly offer you the option of reformatting the drive.

TijmenDal

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
If there is nothing on the drive that you want, have you considered inserting the drive into a windows machine. If it doesnt detect it as a valid drive then it may possibly offer you the option of reformatting the drive.

Thanks. That's actually a good idea! Will try

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.