Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
It was working fine, but now all of a sudden any event I create on my iPhone 5 don't sync via iCloud to my Macbook Pro. I can however delete events on my iPhone and they will be removed from my Macbook Pro. Events I create on my Macbook Pro show up on the calendar on my iPhone. I also have duplicate events on my iPhone but not on my Macbook Pro. I'm very confused with this issue! iTunes is set to Backup to iCloud and all my preferences seem correct.

tootall

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
I have the same problem. Events created on my iPhone 4 (on iOS6) are not syncing to any of my Macs and vice versa.

Of course when I remember there is an event missing, I can turn the calendar syncing to off in iCloud back on again and it usually forces the syncing but it defies the purpose of having a calendar; I should not have to remember if there are appointments missing in my calendar.

Help would me much appreciated...I am starting to be quite disappointed by apple lately...

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I notice this on calendar and reminders. What I usually do is choose update in the menus to ensure a sync.

tootall

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
Forced syncing, checked and unchecked several times the icloud service with no results. Finally got it working by closing my icloud session and deleting everything on my mac and then reactivating it... finally worked :rolleyes:

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Finally got it working by closing my icloud session and deleting everything on my mac and then reactivating it... finally worked :rolleyes:
Could you be more specific as to what you did to get things working again? I worry about deleting anything, for fear that I'll lose something that wasn't synced.

tootall

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
I went into preferences>iCloud>Closed session (excuse the translation)

You will be warned that this deletes everything on the Mac, because I had everything synced with iCloud, I don't care to delete everything on the Mac (I am not an expert so do that at your own risk), I have a copy on the cloud... you can check it by going to iCloud.com.

Once I reopened the iCloud session everything got synced...I hope this helps...

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I went into preferences>iCloud>Closed session (excuse the translation)

You will be warned that this deletes everything on the Mac, because I had everything synced with iCloud, I don't care to delete everything on the Mac (I am not an expert so do that at your own risk), I have a copy on the cloud... you can check it by going to iCloud.com.

Once I reopened the iCloud session everything got synced...I hope this helps...

Did you go to preferences on your Mac or iPhone? In case it's not clear, I'm getting double calendar events on my iPhone and any iPhone events entered won't show up on my Mac.

UPDATE: Now I've lost all my Calendar events on my iPhone. For some reason it's not syncing to iCloud to get the events.

Last edited:

Resist

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Here is what finally worked. I logged into http://www.iCloud.com, clicked on my name in the upper right corner and changed the time zone out of my zone, then changed it back and signed out. Everything is working fine now.

Last edited:

vcbogan

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2011
my iphone 5 syncs with iCloud but not with my mac

I have a similar problem per others on this thread. My iphone calender syncs with iCloud and vice versa but my mac stopped syncing with icloud and with my phone. (I suppose it is all via icloud though so maybe the fact that my mac does not sync with icloud is the key?)

I paid for apple care so I called them, but once again they did not know how to help me fix my problem (shocking!). While I was on hold to speak to a "senior advisor" I found a solution.

What worked for me was going to system preferences on my mac and selecting the icloud icon under internet and wireless section. I checked the "back to my mac" option, and instantly my sync problem was fixed and everything on iphone/icloud calender now shows up on my mac and anything I put on my mac calender shows up on my iphone/icloud.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.