Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGamerHQ

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Lyon, France
Hello guys,

I'm somehow new to the mac scene (used to play solely on console) and now I only play on my Mac. I hate to have to reboot using windows to game, so I was looking for good sites / blogs to check new games and future releases...

Any suggestions?

Northwestern

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2011
Thanks man, those are the only ones I've found so far, hoping to find some other more obscure sources ;)

I think insidemacgames is the most reliable source about upcoming Mac releases you can find. It's also the biggest Mac gaming review site I know of. They have a good rapport with the Mac porting companies like Feral Interactive and Aspyr. I don't think you can find better sources.

Feral Interactive has also an upcoming release site: http://www.feralinteractive.com/en/upcoming/ They only show small pictures of upcoming ports. Mac gamers are guessing what the games can be in the forums. Sometimes it's obvious.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Feral Interactive has also an upcoming release site: http://www.feralinteractive.com/en/upcoming/ They only show small pictures of upcoming ports. Mac gamers are guessing what the games can be in the forums. Sometimes it's obvious.

We do our best to make the code name and picture tricky to guess but equally once we tell you the game you should immediately get the hint in the codename and picture.

I know that at least one person has guessed correctly for most of the hidden code names we have up right now.

Edwin

Northwestern

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2011
We do our best to make the code name and picture tricky to guess but equally once we tell you the game you should immediately get the hint in the codename and picture.

I know that at least one person has guessed correctly for most of the hidden code names we have up right now.

Edwin

Pathetic Earthlings = Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Fade to Grey = I would guess some fantasy-rpg or some scifi-actiongame. The blue colors are strange.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012

Edwin

A bunch of hidden code names... a bunch of new games coming from Feral? Yay! I did not know about this stuff.

Wish List:

Borderlands 2

An agreement with Bethesda to bring the Elder Scrolls series of games to the Mac. Oh, how sweet that would be. We need AAA RPGs.

lewdvig

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
South Pole

Edwin

Stop socializing and get back to work on that Borderlands 2 port you are working on. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.