Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

angrybirdsstarwars.jpg
In what is perhaps the inevitable next step for the marketing juggernaut that is Angry Birds, Rovio has teamed up with George Lucas for the next installment in the Birds-Kill-Pigs franchise.

Angry Birds Star Wars, the company announced today, will be released on November 8th for iOS and Mac, as well as a host of other platforms.

Rovio is going all out with the marketing tie-in, launching a Tumblr page with fan art, wallpapers, and more.
"This is the best Angry Birds game we've ever done. It's the best parts of Angry Birds with all new cutting-edge gameplay set in in a galaxy far, far away," said Peter Vesterbacka, the Mighty Eagle and CMO of Rovio. "As a big Star Wars fan myself, I'm really excited about this new universe. The Force is definitely strong with this one."

Article Link: Angry Birds Star Wars Comes Out November 8th

JPark

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2006
Excellent timing! I could probably use some cheering up after the elections.

olowott

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2011
Dundee, UK
sooooo interested in this version :D:D

Master KFC - "May The Force be With U "

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 19.39.44.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-08 at 19.39.44.png
    132.3 KB · Views: 228

supmango

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2008
I wonder if this one will actually be compatible with the iPhone 5's 4 inch screen.

JPark

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2006
Two over-milked franchises for the price of one!

Very true. Over the years I've gotten to the point where I don't automatically buy every new Star Wars thingy that comes out just because it's Star Wars and over the months I've stopped buying new Angry Birds games. But bring the two together and I'm all in!

JPark

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2006
Well said. Nothing to add.

Thank you for checking in anyway to let us know that. But hey! There's a link to your software in your signature for us to click on and you were subtle enough that people may not even consider this spamming. Well played!

Last edited:

bulldoze

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
My 5yr old boy loves Angry Birds and is a big fan of Star Wars stuff.

When he saw this I think he fell off his chair! I pity the school teachers, they will hear nothing else from now until Nov 8th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.