Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
According to the Genius' I showed, it's real my friend.

I now have a much superior screen. We put them side by side. It was no contest.

So if perfect screens exist, yellow ones are defects. End of story.

Oh yes, the piss yellow screen is not a figment of anyone's imagination.

They are very real and unacceptable. Folks, it's not "glue", it's not "warmer", it's a massive off yellow, over bearing piss yellow tone that dominates every white section of your display.

kre62

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Oh yes, the piss yellow screen is not a figment of anyone's imagination.

They are very real and unacceptable. Folks, it's not "glue", it's not "warmer", it's a massive off yellow, over bearing piss yellow tone that dominates every white section of your display.

It's funny to me how people will try to justify Apple's poor quality control. One day they will get a yellow screen and see what its like.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
It's funny to me how people will try to justify Apple's poor quality control. One day they will get a yellow screen and see what its like.

Exactly. Here are the top 3 moronic responses to a thread dealing with a real defect. 1) Mine is fine so you are full of it. 2) Not a defect, it's supposed to be that way 3) Quit being so picky.

eye.surgeon

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2007
California
Some people here think nothing of returning phones for the stupidest reasons. It's the 90/10 rule. 10% of people produce 90% of the complaints.

kre62

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Some people here think nothing of returning phones for the stupidest reasons. It's the 90/10 rule. 10% of people produce 90% of the complaints.

All my reasons were legitamate. I will not have a yellow screen. Theres no excuse. That was 2 of the 4. The other 2 reasons are more then legit.

My new perfect phone had a nick in the bezel out of the box. I still consider it perfect.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Believe it or not, many of these issues aren't actually real. The user goes on macrumors forums and sees that one user had a yellow tinted screen and starts looking for that problem in their own phone. Much of the time, if they search for it hard enough, they will find it. Much like hypochondriacs always find diseases they dont actually have :).

He said that it was really obvious. This is also the first I've heard of it. And that wouldn't explain the last phone he got being perfect.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Exactly. Here are the top 3 moronic responses to a thread dealing with a real defect. 1) Mine is fine so you are full of it. 2) Not a defect, it's supposed to be that way 3) Quit being so picky.

4) It's just a figment of your imagination, or you're trolling.

macjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2011
Nashville, TN
Would you take an iPhone 5 to the Genius Bar for dust on the screen, under the glass? This one is a swap for one that had light leak under the lock button.

I don't really want to go back into the store, but it leaves a couple noticeable spots on the screen, and I payed a good amount to get the 64GB model.

thope

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2009
its funny to see people with a poor eye for detail come here and post nonsense saying that they got a perfect piece.

Last edited:

Starrbuck

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
That's very strange, as my family got a total of 4 iPhone 5's in December and each and every one is perfect.

pnoyblazed

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2008
you people treat this phone like it's made out of solid gold. Do you honestly think this phone will remain scratch free forever? Get over it

Nale72

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Sweden

4) It's just a figment of your imagination, or you're trolling.

I've actually also read:

5) Those complaining have been paid by Google/Android phone maker to come to this forum to do it to make Apple look bad..

----------

you people treat this phone like it's made out of solid gold. Do you honestly think this phone will remain scratch free forever? Get over it

It's a huge difference between accepting scratches afterword that you inflict yourself and scratches/scuffs/yellow tinted screen/malfunctioning cameras right out of the box, don't you agree :confused:

TedM

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
California
5) Those complaining have been paid by Google/Android phone maker to come to this forum to do it to make Apple look bad..

I find this hard to believe. Maybe though, that would be sketch. Grats on the new phone. I thought you won or something, but I suppose to quest for the best phone is still one worth congratulating.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
My first phone, was and still is perfect 4 months later. Just like the majority of of every one else. Love these silly threads. :rolleyes:

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
All my reasons were legitamate. I will not have a yellow screen. Theres no excuse. That was 2 of the 4. The other 2 reasons are more then legit.

My new perfect phone had a nick in the bezel out of the box. I still consider it perfect.

Right, so it's NOT "perfect" it's just flawed slightly enough for you to be ok with it.

That's been my point all along. There are plenty of NORMAL people in this world who can consider a "nick" to be no big deal.

For what it's worth, your "issues" all seemed legitimate (if not a little picky, but not OCD picky) for replacement.

The problem most normal people have with "scuffgate" is that it's literally freaking out over the same "nick" that you consider perfect. It's usually a defect so small they need a macro lens, special lighting, and a "if you can see it" disclaimer.

There is no "perfect" iPhone (or any mass produced phone for that matter). Just scales of acceptability.

Mines "perfect" too lol...

ZacT94

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2012
Who did you people wrong in another life that you are constantly cursed with inferior Apple products out of the box?

In 25 years I returned 1 Apple product. A mouse that had a bent pin in the ps/2 connector. :p

I couldn't agree with you more. Although I've had Apple products for only 7 years, I've never had an Apple product I've had to return. My iPhone 5 was perfect first time and it's still going strong with no major flaws. Sure there's a tiny scratch on the side, but that was my fault.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.