Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac-Tech

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto, ON
What is the clearance between the keyboard and the screen when a retina MBP is closed?

I want to know this too...What is the clearance when the Retina MBP screen is closed...How can someone even measure this? I have no clue but I would like to find out..by someone!!

iAco

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
This is a great indicator that the next Air will have a retina display.

How?

Because the thinner back-light allows the keyboard to recess a millimeter from the surface of the Al uni-body.

I am assuming the retina display will be laminated on a glass surface as seen in the 2012 13-in MacBook Pro.

And because of this, the keyboard has to be recessed to allow for a smooth seal.

ifurybeat

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2012
Come on apple,

I'm a musician who tour a lot with laptop on stage and i can say i feel more confident with an apple one because they are reliable. Now maybe it's time to think about the POWER in already thin stuffs. Apple habitually target the students and the pro but it seem to always have a too big gap price between the two categories. I had macbook pro in the past that i brought on stage and i was happy with it but in the same time, i was afraid it get stolen or drop on the floor. At this price, you don't want these things happen and yes , it dropped on the floor because a tech was not careful enough.

The problem is when you buy a laptop at this price, you use it for everything: video, music, entertainment, etc. You don't want to pay this price just to use it for only one of these tasks. So, everyday your cpu work, heat and you realize after one year that your computer is full of stuff and slower than before. I know i can make a dual boot, but it's not stopping the fact that you still use your hardware's computer everyday.

In the music domain, and surely in live situation, your computer must be clean and without fail. So, that's why i'm looking forward to buy a macbook air for years now. I cannot just afford a macbook pro just for live situation. The only thing i see now, is : thinner and thinner. Why don't forget a little bit this thinner stuff and put at least a i5 quad-core processor and better upgradable amount of ram in it? I'm sure you will see a lot of people who will turn their eyes at it and say: finally, a small thing who can do it!

I don't really care about a laptop thin as a paper but i think we care more about WHAT IT CAN DO. The macbook pro is a very good computer but most of us cannot afford this powerhouse just for specific tasks.

So now, do it the other way: bring powerful tasks in a little house!

Thanks

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
Macbook air is too thin already. I feel like im going to break it everytime I use a macbook air.

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
Mac news!

Yeah its been so long since real mac news...

----------

Come on apple,

I'm a musician who tour a lot with laptop on stage and i can say i feel more confident with an apple one because they are reliable. Now maybe it's time to think about the POWER in already thin stuffs. Apple habitually target the students and the pro but it seem to always have a too big gap price between the two categories. I had macbook pro in the past that i brought on stage and i was happy with it but in the same time, i was afraid it get stolen or drop on the floor. At this price, you don't want these things happen and yes , it dropped on the floor because a tech was not careful enough.

The problem is when you buy a laptop at this price, you use it for everything: video, music, entertainment, etc. You don't want to pay this price just to use it for only one of these tasks. So, everyday your cpu work, heat and you realize after one year that your computer is full of stuff and slower than before. I know i can make a dual boot, but it's not stopping the fact that you still use your hardware's computer everyday.

In the music domain, and surely in live situation, your computer must be clean and without fail. So, that's why i'm looking forward to buy a macbook air for years now. I cannot just afford a macbook pro just for live situation. The only thing i see now, is : thinner and thinner. Why don't forget a little bit this thinner stuff and put at least a i5 quad-core processor and better upgradable amount of ram in it? I'm sure you will see a lot of people who will turn their eyes at it and say: finally, a small thing who can do it!

I don't really care about a laptop thin as a paper but i think we care more about WHAT IT CAN DO. The macbook pro is a very good computer but most of us cannot afford this powerhouse just for specific tasks.

So now, do it the other way: bring powerful tasks in a little house!

Thanks

You know maybe you should forward this to Tim Cook...lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.