Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hunterheath33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
All I do is email, chat, Facebook twitter and browse the web. No streaming and no YouTube when off of wifi. What do you think?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
All I do is email, chat, Facebook twitter and browse the web. No streaming and no YouTube when off of wifi. What do you think?

More than enough i would have thought.

I have 2GB plan but use it pretty much exactly as you describe above, with added photos being uploaded to Fb & Twitter and rarely go over 100mb in the month. (3 email accounts set to push. Odd bit of tune-in radio when walking the dogs.)

Last edited:

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
More than enough i would have thought.

I have 2GB plan but use it pretty much exactly as you describe above, with added photos being uploaded to Fb & Twitter and rarely go over 100mb in the month.

That's pretty low usage. I've never really monitored mine but I'm sure it's a couple gigs a month at least.

OP it kind of depends on how often you'll be using data but as you can see it's manageable as long as you're not on your phone all day long and not connected to wifi.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
That's pretty low usage. I've never really monitored mine but I'm sure it's a couple gigs a month at least.

OP it kind of depends on how often you'll be using data but as you can see it's manageable as long as you're not on your phone all day long and not connected to wifi.

Yeah it's always surprised me how little data I use, but maybe its because i'm in a wifi environment more than not ? Or that vodafone just simply can't read my data access correctly, which after listening to tunein radio for 30 minutes and uploading couple of photos, ends up showing only around 20mb use, i'm guessing they aren't reading the usage accurately..

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009

I am a pretty heavy user and I only use around 500mb per month and thats with a few speed tests. I also downloaded a big 140mb file over mobile data so thats the large portion of the browser usage. I have found that android is a lot more data efficient than iOS. I have an unlimited plan so I am not conserving my usage either. This is my usage on a routine basis.

36395896.png

Heres my history for my browser usage. As you can see the download I did was the majority of my usage. If I had downloaded that large file my usage would have been under 300mb total for the everything this month.
10483075.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.