Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DimeTech

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2003
i don't understand this damage. so the edges are shattered? underneath? what do you think how this could have happened? maybe a production flaw? your application seems quite perfect so i wont blame you for doing something wrong. how do you like the glas.tr despite this flaw?

It seems to me to be a production error. I used the hinge method and didn't take the film off until I dropped it down. Trust me for a 35 dollar one time application I was gonna make sure it was perfect. In terms of the protector, I think it's absolutely fantastic. I haven't seen the regular Glas.t but it seems like it was made to have the beveled/round edge. Feels EXACTLY like the glass screen. I also thought there would be some play to the protector, but its a solid piece of glass. Super high quality but I'm disappointed nonetheless. The way the light catches those errors is distracting.

----------

Are you sure to not tiny bubbles? My edges looked like that for a day and it went away. Ditto on the Walter white lol. I was sweating like crazy and tremoring from trying to place it perfectly.

I've tried to squeegee them, push them down, etc. to no avail. They aren't budging. In the off event that they are bubbles and go away, I'd be ecstatic. Whats up with those cracks catching the light though?

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
From the first picture you posted my first thought was bubbles. The next 2 pics look different so I'm not so sure. Mine started to decrease a couple hours later. Gone in about a day.

bAllllAd

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
i also ordered GLAS.tR. it should be coming tomorrow or worst case is monday
when i get it i'll install and post the result.

DimeTech

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2003
From the first picture you posted my first thought was bubbles. The next 2 pics look different so I'm not so sure. Mine started to decrease a couple hours later. Gone in about a day.

I'm crossing my fingers they ARE bubbles and go away but it's almost impossible to tell unless you took it off and felt it, which isn't really an option unless I get another one.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
i don't understand this damage. so the edges are shattered? underneath? what do you think how this could have happened? maybe a production flaw? your application seems quite perfect so i wont blame you for doing something wrong. how do you like the glas.tr despite this flaw?

I don't think those are chips but bad adhesive. Put a book on the glass then something heavy. Leave it overnight. I had the same on the .t and this fixed it.

----------

I hate when they make up the msrp. It's $34.99.

Why can't they just offer this direct??

cazzster

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
chicago
Has anyone else noticed that it's no longer up for sale on the Spigen website ? I just recommended it to a co-worker yesterday and it's been removed ?!?

Nevermind, I forgot how to read. It's listed there as it always was. :D

Last edited:

Mac-Maine

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2010
glass protecting glass, hmm lol

do any of you guys put a screen protector on your glass screen protector? :p

DimeTech

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2003
glass protecting glass, hmm lol

do any of you guys put a screen protector on your glass screen protector? :p

The point is that it's easier (and cheaper) to replace a scratched glass screen protector than a scratched glass screen. Seems obvious to me, not so much to you.

Mac-Maine

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2010
The point is that it's easier (and cheaper) to replace a scratched glass screen protector than a scratched glass screen. Seems obvious to me, not so much to you.

if that's the case its even easier (and cheaper) to replace a screen shield :confused:

30 something bucks for that? its not like u can just peal it off and pull another one out your desk drawer

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
I was thinking about ordering this, but I would hate to spend $35 bucks plus tax and shipping (if there is a shipping charge) and with my one shot, I get specks of lint under the glass, or accidently touch the wrong place leaving a print or something. Plus it kind of raises up the glass too, and deepens the home button. I'll probably stick with some kind of screen protector, but not this one.

DimeTech

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2003
if that's the case its even easier (and cheaper) to replace a screen shield :confused:

30 something bucks for that? its not like u can just peal it off and pull another one out your desk drawer

I've used power support protectors for both my 3G and my 4. Top quality, until I found the Glas.TR. Glass protectors feel 1000x better than the plastic ones, even power support.

Sounds like you either can't afford it, or if you can, are too cheap. You can't bring that money with you when you die, so spend it while you can, I've always thought, within reason that is. I'd hate to walk through life worrying about money like you, pinching pennies and crying when other people like to spend what they earned. Typical forum troll adding nothing but bs.

PS Mack Maine sucks. Your name says a lot about your judgement.

Last edited:

imazu

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2012
Couch
I like the Glas tR, 1st time to try it.

Attachments

• PA110424.jpg
    PA110424.jpg
    740.1 KB · Views: 454
  • PA110426.jpg
    PA110426.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 489
  • PA110409.jpg
    PA110409.jpg
    759.3 KB · Views: 428

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010

Actually the point is to retain the feeling and clarity of the glass screen while having scratch protection (and some level of impact protection). Plain and simple. Even a high quality protector with perfect clarity such as a power support or sgp is going to set you back nearly $15-20. Those will eventually scratch and require replacement. And none will offer the feeling of glass.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.