Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:58 PM   #1
TouchArchive
macrumors member

see vendor information in user profile
Please test and review our site.

http://toucharchive.com
Uses wordpress theme from:
http://heatmaptheme.com/

and vbulletin integrated

Thanks for your feedback
TouchArchive is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:13 AM   #2
sk3pt1c
macrumors 6502a

- first of all, i'd say have less posts per page, i don't think anyone likes to scroll for ages to get to the bottom and also you might have some cool stuff in your footer that i'd never see

- i'm guessing your approach is to get lots of views and make money from the ads on your site, which is where the specific theme comes in but i'd suggest a different theme, something more eye-catching and "hip", it'd be best to have return visitors so you can build an audience and have more traffic, no? right now, it seems very plain and "empty".

- add some interactivity, maybe a dropdown menu, a slideshow here and there, more pics in your posts presented with a nice slider? there are tons of free plugins for wordpress to help you with that

- make sure your theme is responsive, you're blogging about ipads and iphones, you should make it a point that your site looks great on those devices

i wish you the best of luck, hope it turns out great!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:14 AM   #3
TouchArchive
macrumors member

see vendor information in user profile
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3pt1c View Post
- first of all, i'd say have less posts per page, i don't think anyone likes to scroll for ages to get to the bottom and also you might have some cool stuff in your footer that i'd never see

- i'm guessing your approach is to get lots of views and make money from the ads on your site, which is where the specific theme comes in but i'd suggest a different theme, something more eye-catching and "hip", it'd be best to have return visitors so you can build an audience and have more traffic, no? right now, it seems very plain and "empty".

- add some interactivity, maybe a dropdown menu, a slideshow here and there, more pics in your posts presented with a nice slider? there are tons of free plugins for wordpress to help you with that

- make sure your theme is responsive, you're blogging about ipads and iphones, you should make it a point that your site looks great on those devices

i wish you the best of luck, hope it turns out great!
Thank you very much for the help.Got this point of the review
: apple: MacBook Air 13' mid2012
TouchArchive is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development