Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zgods

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2012
Can someone unlock my iphone 4? I bought this phone about 2 years ago and I havnt had a chance to unlock it. Its not under any contract so it should be fine. I can provide the imei # through pm. Thanks it'll help alot!!

Trauma1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Got a new 4S from a Genius Bar replacement. I called AT&T, gave them the IMEI number, and they said they unlocked it. I went to restore the phone in iTunes, and haven't gotten the unlock confirmation screen. I've done it twice so far.

Do I need to have a microSIM card in while I do it? The last unlock I did seemed to work instantly.

edit: Yes, a SIM is needed. Unlocked worked flawlessly.

Last edited:

Sunnyr

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012
No unlock message yet ?

I unlocked the phone as instructed by AT&T , did restore twice but didn't see the congratulatory unlock message ... Called AT&T customer service and she mentioned that it takes 48 hours to process the request ?
Is it normal or weird ? Any help here please ? Thank you

ssimonvii

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
Hey everyone. I unlocked my 4S about a month ago, but I just got a replacement 4S from apple yesterday and my unlock attempts are not working anymore. I know this has been asked a million times on this thread, but if someone can PM me what I should say, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Dreamerof8

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2012
Unlocked but can I jailbreak now?

No, although you will have to do a full restore, which will remove the jailbreak, so you'll have to re-jailbreak.

I unlocked my iPhone4 today (through At&t) and its working fine but I want to jailbreak it. It was jailbroken before unlock but I lost it when I restored it. If I jailbreak it now will I lose my unlock?

Lilibobo

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2012
Iphone is unlocked

I recently bought 2 iphone 4 for my family, they were second hand, but it very good condition. We are allready on att, and to tell the truth, im totally not satisfied with their services. I was decided to unlock them and use it with sprint. I went online for searching how to do it, first i tried to unlock by att but they could not do it, they said its not possible because the iphone is not on my contract. I went online and searched, i found a great site at www.attiphoneunlocking.com The site seemed reasonable, and they were offering permanent unlocking for kind of phones like mine. My iphone was unlocked in 2 hours. I found the solution for my problem, so if theres anybody with the same situation, its good to know.

Last edited:

TheWart

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
Apologies if this has been asked already in the thread, but I wasn't able to pull it up.

Last night, I received my AT&T iPhone 5 to replace my AT&T iPhone 4. I activated the iPhone 5, and everything works. The iPhone 4 is now deactivated (eg, even though the micro-sim is inside it says "no service").

I would like to give my iPhone 4 to a friend who is going overseas, so I did the unlock process online. However, I am worried that the unlock process will not work since the micro-sim is no longer active. Is this the case?

Thanks in advance for any clarification!

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Apologies if this has been asked already in the thread, but I wasn't able to pull it up.

Last night, I received my AT&T iPhone 5 to replace my AT&T iPhone 4. I activated the iPhone 5, and everything works. The iPhone 4 is now deactivated (eg, even though the micro-sim is inside it says "no service").

I would like to give my iPhone 4 to a friend who is going overseas, so I did the unlock process online. However, I am worried that the unlock process will not work since the micro-sim is no longer active. Is this the case?

Thanks in advance for any clarification!

it will still work

worst case you may have to call AT&T directly to get an unlock

chil

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Hi everybody.

I recently got an AT&T locked iPhone 4 from a friend. The phone was barely working (cracked screen, problems with the home button, dead battery as a result of water damage) but I fixed all that stuff myself. She had been using it for 2 yrs 2 months until August, then upgraded to 4S -- still on the same contract.

I asked her to submit an online unlock request to AT&T because I wanted to use it on T-Mobile and she did. A week later I checked the request status and from "request pending" it changed into "request denied" providing the standard error message something like "the conditions of the contract haven't been met or not a current customer" or something like that.

How's that? According to their conditions she was totally eligible for that unlock (2+ years old phone, still has a contract under her name, and so on).

What should we do? I've read through this thread and got an impression that AT&T customer service sucks, that in the AT&T stores they are helpless (and often stupid), and that Apple won't bother with me directly. Of course, I can wait for an IOS 6 Jailbreak/unlock and use it but I do want to do this unlocking via official channels.

Any ideas?

Thx in advance.

1member1

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
Hi everybody.

I recently got an AT&T locked iPhone 4 from a friend. The phone was barely working (cracked screen, problems with the home button, dead battery as a result of water damage) but I fixed all that stuff myself. She had been using it for 2 yrs 2 months until August, then upgraded to 4S -- still on the same contract.

I asked her to submit an online unlock request to AT&T because I wanted to use it on T-Mobile and she did. A week later I checked the request status and from "request pending" it changed into "request denied" providing the standard error message something like "the conditions of the contract haven't been met or not a current customer" or something like that.

How's that? According to their conditions she was totally eligible for that unlock (2+ years old phone, still has a contract under her name, and so on).

What should we do? I've read through this thread and got an impression that AT&T customer service sucks, that in the AT&T stores they are helpless (and often stupid), and that Apple won't bother with me directly. Of course, I can wait for an IOS 6 Jailbreak/unlock and use it but I do want to do this unlocking via official channels.

Any ideas?

Thx in advance.

go to ebay and search for unlockfusion. pay 8$ to get unlock for your phone and don't mess with those at&T fools

chil

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2012
Cambridge, MA
go to ebay and search for unlockfusion. pay 8$ to get unlock for your phone and don't mess with those at&T fools

i'm still hoping to resolve this issue using some official ways. will try to visit an at&t store early next week

having analysed offers on ebay, i've concluded that there must be somewhere a web-site where one can unlock iphones for free as there are web-sites with the free check of the locked/unlocked status (and this info is also sold on ebay for $8-10).

1member1

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
i'm still hoping to resolve this issue using some official ways. will try to visit an at&t store early next week

having analysed offers on ebay, i've concluded that there must be somewhere a web-site where one can unlock iphones for free as there are web-sites with the free check of the locked/unlocked status (and this info is also sold on ebay for $8-10).

no.. you won't find any free websites. they all somehow have connections in AT&T.

chil

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2012
Cambridge, MA
no.. you won't find any free websites. they all somehow have connections in AT&T.

They are too numerous (thousands of offers on eBay) and too cheap (starting from $4 now for iPhone 4) in order to maintain any type a connection within AT&T. Moreover, some people offer the AT&T phone unlock in 1 minute. And those who do not accept to work during week-ends just do it because either then want to look "more sophisticated" in consumers' eyes or just because they don't want to commit database transactions off office hours which will be logged.

1member1

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
They are too numerous (thousands of offers on eBay) and too cheap (starting from $4 now for iPhone 4) in order to maintain any type a connection within AT&T. Moreover, some people offer the AT&T phone unlock in 1 minute. And those who do not accept to work during week-ends just do it because either then want to look "more sophisticated" in consumers' eyes or just because they don't want to commit database transactions off office hours which will be logged.

I don't think apple will allow it.. they are doing hundreds of unlocks per day.. they make easy money.
anyway 8$ is not a lot. some paid 200$ :O

Danleywin

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2014
Unlock AT&T

Well, after all these updates, unlocking AT&T is so dame difficult now, it needs you to be a off-contract user and a bunch more requirements that i didnt bother to remember. But check out this site: attiphoneunlocking.com, its working pretty well for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.