Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackoutRF

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Nomad
So everyone was right (I was just trying to rationalize) but it was crooked. I reached out to seller and originally he wanted me to ship back and he'd send another but I said I'd rather a refund. He ended up allowing me to keep it and refunded me anyways. I definitely won't use it but I get a lightning cable out of it. Looks like I'll be buying a different one.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 220

J.C

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2008
So everyone was right (I was just trying to rationalize) but it was crooked. I reached out to seller and originally he wanted me to ship back and he'd send another but I said I'd rather a refund. He ended up allowing me to keep it and refunded me anyways. I definitely won't use it but I get a lightning cable out of it. Looks like I'll be buying a different one.

Glad it worked out for you in the end.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Your Amazon.com order of "Shenit Charging Dock Cradl..." has shipped!

Awesome

Let us know!

My Braeburn Acoustics dock should be in my mailbox when I get home so I hope to make a quick review. I am now just regretting my purchase considering the "Shenit" is now shipping. It looks really nice too.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Got my Braeburn. Don't think its for me.... Going to post it up in the marketplace and lose a couple of bucks.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
can you put up a quick review? sheesh

Sheesh.. maybe I am in the middle of something and can not write up a review the minute I get it. You need some patience my friend.

I will say, that the overall unit is very nicely built. The dock is actually pretty heavy and does feel substantial. There is some tunneling on the bottom as you know to amplify sound. It works nice!

I installed my Lightning cable very easily. You just place it in, turn and lock it in with a screw. The overall design is well thought out.

There is scotch double sided tape on the bottom of the base which can be taped onto your desk for a secure placement on your desk (which also allows you to take the phone off with one hand)

The only gripe is the way the iPhone sits on the charger. I rather have something that is on a slope as this one sits straight up. I believe you can adjust the angle, so that should remedy the problem.

Overall I would say its a very nice dock, and you do not risk any electrical problems as it uses your existing cable.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC

markmen

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2012
those are available in ebay-germany too. i'm still hesitating to order one because they'll be sent from hong kong. when do you expect to receive yours? maybe you can do a quick review?

My order is shipped as well. The seller told me that my shipment is expected to arrived by next week. Will update and post a review once I got it.

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
How are people liking the Braeburn dock? Mines ordered.

I put up a quick review in this thread and I agree with the other reviewer. It's a pretty good dock, the only complaint is, the phone stands straight up and doesn't curve backwards, which makes accessing the phone while docked not as comfortable as it should be.

They just e-mailed me this though as a solution!

At Braeburn Acoustics we pride ourselves in a user experience that delivers uncompromising value.

We understand that Research and Development doesn't end when the product ships. Because we want to enhance the usability of your Braeburn, we have paid careful attention to some recent feedback regarding the angle at which the iPhone 5 sits when docked.

Because we designed the Braeburn family to be extensible, we are proud to announce that for those customers who want their Braeburn to "lean back", we will happily provide some threaded mounting feet which will allow the front of the unit to sit higher than the back, accomplishing a 3-6 degree angle.

Going forward, units that ship will feature the front mounting feet.

If you are interested in this cost free upgrade, please contact Braeburn customer care at

customercare@braeburnacoustics.com

Last edited:

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
Very cool indeed, but who wants to wait 5+ months.

I am sure between then and now there will be other cool solutions to dock our phones.

Yeah.. I am so close to ordering the Braeburn one. But I live in Aus and no doubt if I order one, a million awesome docks will come out while mine is shipping across the world. If I dont order it then none will come out!

burnside

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
Very cool indeed, but who wants to wait 5+ months.

I am sure between then and now there will be other cool solutions to dock our phones.

Exactly. There are other kickstarter projects out there for docs as well as some ebay docks that supposedly have gotten around the security chip feature on the lightning cable. I'm sure we'll see a more recognizable company come out with a dock as well. If these guys could get out the docks before the holidays, I'd be in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.