Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreckie

macrumors regular
May 9, 2011
/"\/oo\/"\;16038158 said:
I'd say the Hi-Fi is substantially better. The Hi-Fi, however, is stuck in the past and if one needs to be repaired by Apple, it's a whole unit replacement just like an iPod...for $379.

What would go wrong with these? Some capacitor popping? Easy fix - call some technic friend and get it replaced.

imillard

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
Oklahoma
What would go wrong with these? Some capacitor popping? Easy fix - call some technic friend and get it replaced.

They are sealed. Once the seal is broken, it's a done deal.

I've only had one replaced through Apple. I used to work at the Apple Store, knew when they were discontinuing warranty service for Hi Fi's, bought a broken second one on eBay for nothing, and paid to have it replaced through the GB. It had to be ordered and build for me, there was no stock. To my knowledge it could be one of the last.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
Road warrior configuration via Air Display

Attachments

• MBA-0452-20121014.jpg
    MBA-0452-20121014.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 574

kppolich

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2010
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
moved back to the original setup my my two tier config. Easier to move things around and easier to see. Contemplating getting new Twelve South BackPack2 to put my macbook air behind my TBD when in use, just seems like a lot of work to reach back every time I want to be on the move. PICS!
null-36.jpg

null-34.jpg

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Mine :)

It isn't anything special, but does the job!

Note, I've been using the Magic Trackpad a lot recently, only use the mouse for Photoshop and stuff, but I have to put it infront of the keyboard otherwise I get severe hand cramp/pains, weird I know, but I've read online and looks like some other people do too. Doesn't happen if you use it upside down though, so it seems to be an angle thing.

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States

Note, I've been using the Magic Trackpad a lot recently, only use the mouse for Photoshop and stuff, but I have to put it infront of the keyboard otherwise I get severe hand cramp/pains, weird I know, but I've read online and looks like some other people do too. Doesn't happen if you use it upside down though, so it seems to be an angle thing.

[url=http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8045/8087826347_7a5e68455d_c.jpg]Image[/URL]

What's the desk, if I may ask.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison

Is the picture of the view on the right hand side a picture, or wallpaper? I can't tell from the perspective.

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
What's the desk, if I may ask.

In all honesty, I don't know, it's not fancy at all, just something I found a couple of years ago and made do! One of my many projects for the past 2 maybe 3 years has been to either buy a nice new desk...or make one! Hasn't happened yet ;)

Is the picture of the view on the right hand side a picture, or wallpaper? I can't tell from the perspective.

It's actually a photo, does look wallpaper in the picture, it's a pretty standard canvas print of NY with a taxi at the bottom. :)
It's actually covering a cupboard I don't like in the corner!

penningtonj

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2008
Since your sig mentions 30" CD's, could you perhaps find out if the HiRise works with one of those? I like the idea a lot, but I'm not sure if they thought of those things.

The two 30" are actually the Dell 30s with the adjustable stands so no need for the high rise, but the old ACDs should fit. If my memory serves me right the feet on those is the same width just a little thicker.

----------

Is that a Cisco IP phone on the left end of the desk? Is it for work or did you set it up as part of a home system? I've thought about doing that so just curious.

It is for for work, I like to have my home office mimic my work office so I don't have to deal with forwarding phones, etc. You could easily do this for a home phone system though if you wanted to though.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011

It looks like someones been drinking the koolaid. :p

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
In all honesty, I don't know, it's not fancy at all, just something I found a couple of years ago and made do! One of my many projects for the past 2 maybe 3 years has been to either buy a nice new desk...or make one! Hasn't happened yet ;)
Really? In your photo it looks just so warm and nice. A nice setup indeed.

Flyfisherman

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2011
Northern VA

Great wallpaper. Is that your cat or did you get lucky to get it off the internet? Thanks

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
It looks like someones been drinking the koolaid. :p

I was waiting for somebody to notice that ;)

Really? In your photo it looks just so warm and nice. A nice setup indeed.

Well thanks! One thing I've always wanted was/is a warm office area & just a simple desk :)

Great wallpaper. Is that your cat or did you get lucky to get it off the internet? Thanks

I wish I took it! It'd be amazing if my cat would let me get a shot like that! I found it on the internet.
-- just had a look, can't find the one I used, but this is the image :)

Attachments

• wpapers_ru_??????????-???.jpeg
    wpapers_ru_??????????-???.jpeg
    735.8 KB · Views: 425

andymodem

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I was waiting for somebody to notice that ;)

Well thanks! One thing I've always wanted was/is a warm office area & just a simple desk :)

I wish I took it! It'd be amazing if my cat would let me get a shot like that! I found it on the internet.
-- just had a look, can't find the one I used, but this is the image :)

It appears to be titled Bored Cat, and the biggest I could find is 1920x1200.

http://www.wallpaperpix.net/bored-cat.html

MBPiPTiMiP4S

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2012
Note, I've been using the Magic Trackpad a lot recently, only use the mouse for Photoshop and stuff, but I have to put it infront of the keyboard otherwise I get severe hand cramp/pains, weird I know, but I've read online and looks like some other people do too.

:( my whole right arm is in heavy pain from the magic track pad usage right now.

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
:( my whole right arm is in heavy pain from the magic track pad usage right now.

Seriously? If you don't mind me asking, how do you use the trackpad? Do you still get pain if you turn it around and/or use it in the middle of the keyboard instead of at the edge?

I personally feel it's all down to how it's tilted and lifted up a little bit, I don't get any pain using the trackpads on laptops, only the Magic Trackpad.

Strange....

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006

Thats the major reason i returned mine. I just never managed it ergonomically. My wrist would start to hurt after about 20 mins.

Went back to my trusty mouse instead. I can only use Trackpads on the laptops because there is a small base to rest on and its more parallel with the table/desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.