Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNoobGuy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
hi all, i've been able to access 'Notes' in 'Mail' on my Mac, but i don't know how to access them on Windows.

does anyone know if it's possible to access them in Windows? i just want it to be cross-platform.

thanks a lot

MiniMi

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2011
install dropbox on all your computers and save a copy of your notes to dropbox.

Mr.Grey

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2012
USA
hi all, i've been able to access 'Notes' in 'Mail' on my Mac, but i don't know how to access them on Windows.

does anyone know if it's possible to access them in Windows? i just want it to be cross-platform.

thanks a lot

If you go into Settings>>>Mail, Contacts, Calendars etc, under Accounts tap on your email account and there should be an option for notes. If you turn it on your notes will be delivered to your inbox. I would strongly recommend creating a filter in your Windows email client to move or copy the notes to some specific folder. They don't really stand out and if I remember correctly it looks like an email message from yourself.

Hope that helps.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
iCloud now has "Notes". So if you login to iCloud.com with your AppleID you should be able to see them. Provided you are syncing your notes to iCloud.

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
I use icloud.com as well. I can get email add stuff to calendar and contacts too.

MacNoobGuy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
iCloud now has "Notes". So if you login to iCloud.com with your AppleID you should be able to see them. Provided you are syncing your notes to iCloud.

hey man thanks for the answer but i'm not using icloud. i haven't even tried it out to be honest.

is there a Windows app that i can use to access Notes with?

somethingelsefl

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
Tampa, FL
Most mail services (i.e. GMail, GoDaddy, etc) support a "Note" feature.

First you need to enable Notes in your "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" settings for the email service you prefer. Then on your Windows PC, use a mail client (such as Thunderbird or Outlook) and you should be able to access your Notes there. Alternatively, you can use the webmail interface for whatever email account you chose

I use Notes on three different services...1) iCloud for personal-related notes 2) Gmail for school-related notes 3)GoDaddy for work-related notes

Each service organizes and stores Notes differently. For example...Gmail creates a "Label" for Notes. Just play around and you'll figure out how your service organizes the Notes.

When you compose Note on your iPod Touch (or whatever iDevice you have)...just be sure to look at which account you are creating the Note the under.

Hope that helps! Sorry for the long post, but I literally just explained all of this to my mother who has TONS of Notes on several different accounts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.