Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
well, where are all the people who said an iPad mini wont ever happen?

The most important thing now will be price.

driceman

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Like I said on the iMac thread... I guess it's possible Apple's updating all this stuff (iPad Mini, normal iPad, iMac, Mac Mini, and 13" Retina Pro), but it just seems like a bit much for one conference... Here's to hoping though!

Regardless, glad to see they've kept busy this year... an iPad with a Retina Display, a MacBook Pro with a Retina Display and completely redesigned, updates to the whole MacBook line, the iPhone 5, iPod Touch, and iPod Nano redesigns, Mountain Lion and iOS 6 (both of which I consider very good updates), textbooks for iPad, and now this. Looks like Cook has kept Apple moving at the speed we were accustomed to under Jobs! I mean, I'm sure that Jobs was aware of all/most of the products we've seen this year, but I imagine we're getting to the point where we're in Cook-only territory. Not that I'm an expert, but just a thought...

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
And so it begins.......

Still think it's going to be expensive. As for the iPad 3, I think they will do nothing for it, maybe fit Lightning connector, the big refresh with A6 and thinner design etc will be next year.

And will the new iMacs have a showing? If they are a new design?

For them to interest me in an iPad mini, it would need at minimum the same screen res as the Kindle Fire HD, 16GB of storage but 32GB preferably, Gorilla Glass laminated display, dual band WiFi, a single core A6 with dual core graphics or better, and all that for 200 UK Sterling.

But I would predict that a spec like that would be 250 or 300 UK Sterling.

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
I would be very surprised if Apple introduced a new full sized iPad, with the exception of maybe new LTE versions. Unless they're moving away from their annual update cycle or do them bi-annually.

Else my 'new' iPad will become the not-so-new iPad after 7 months!

the thing is, people are going to hesitate on the 9.7" iPad now that they know the connector port is being abandoned

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
ipad_mini_invite.jpg

The graphic looks like a football above a giant ass.

Is the football going in or on its way out?

accentaudio

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2012
Kansas City
the thing is, people are going to hesitate on the 9.7" iPad now that they know the connector port is being abandoned

Agreed. I don't see anyone with half a brain buying the current full sized iPad model knowing that an update is right around the corner. Especially considering the mini will most definitely have a different connector. Apple has to update the full size iPad at this event. If they don't Steve will roll over in his grave!

eyebex

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2012
We've got a little more to show you.

Will this be a Restricted event then or just PG-13?

TimTheEnchanter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
Is it just me or when they crop in on the top of the Apple logo like that it looks like an ass and a turd.

oops! others got to it first... glad I'm not the only degenerate here!

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
Now the questions is:

why should we own both an iPad mini and an iPad?

It may seem like excess today, but in the future these devices will be everywhere and people will have more than one. You'll attach them to walls and have them perform certain functions, you'll leave them in the living room because they perform a function there, you'll have some in the kitchen, because they do good there, some in the bathroom, some in the bedroom, and you get the idea. Who thought we'd ever have more than one television in a house, and look at where we are now. Even on the USS Enterprise they had these things scattered about like magazines at a doctor's office. If you imagine a use for one of each and you can afford them, I say go for it and enjoy both of them! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.