Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JodyK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Atlanta suburbs
I have an iPhone 5 I'm using it with simple mobile now. I wanna know if this refarm will also benefit me on simple mobile and also I live in ga has anyone had 3G here yet

Earlier in the post there is a link to 3G reported coverage ... There are 2 posts in GA ... 1 Near Covington and 1 near Emory in Atlanta.

Idk if it was a fluke but in Acworth I looked at my iPhone 5 and it did say 3G for a split second. I even took a screen shot but I lost signal and back to edge. No data with it or speed test ... Again think it was a fluke but hoping it will be soon!

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Simple Mobile users will have access to Tmobile HSPA+ on their unlocked devices after the refarm but I believe the upcoming LTE network will be limited to T-Mobile postpaid customers only.

Anijake

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
i was in front of a restaurant called dinosaur bbq in harlem ny and when i looked at my iphone 4s it said 3g there was no longer an e for edge i got so excited and i started showing everyone who was there with me that i was running on 3g,so if your ever by 700 east 125 street and you stand in front of that restaurant just switch your iphone to airplane mode and switch it back and you will see the 3g pop right up

Best BBQ in NYC!

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
Can anyone in Houston and surrounding area tell me if they are able to get 3G? Does having 3G require me to upgrade my plan on T-mobile to require data? I don't think I ever had internet on my phone before, but i do get EDGE when I'm not connected to my WIFI. So does this mean I already have internet included in my plan?

sanches12

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2012
Spotty 3G in San Diego

So far I've only been able to get 3G at my house but nowhere else in San Diego. I guess it will be a while until the entire city gets 3G 1900 MHz. :(

Last edited:

iPhonesandMacs

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
Just got 3G in Denver, Colorado Yesterday

Attachments

• photo copy 2.PNG
    photo copy 2.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
  • photo copy 3.PNG
    photo copy 3.PNG
    915.7 KB · Views: 115
  • photo copy.PNG
    photo copy.PNG
    495.1 KB · Views: 129
  • photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    436.1 KB · Views: 117

stayblunted

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Had a hint of 3G on the M train by the Williamsburg bridge in NYC, really hope the refarm gets completed by the end of this year.

arram

macrumors member
May 7, 2009
Can anyone in Houston and surrounding area tell me if they are able to get 3G? Does having 3G require me to upgrade my plan on T-mobile to require data? I don't think I ever had internet on my phone before, but i do get EDGE when I'm not connected to my WIFI. So does this mean I already have internet included in my plan?

yes some areas of houston ive seen 3g, and if you see edge up there, then youll see 3g when you pass an area that has it

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
Finally the map is starting to show 3g in South Florida! now my only problem is trying to find an iPhone 5 in stock!

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
Again anyone have any confirmation in Chicago, IL area? Also can someone possibly put together a map that I can put on the first page?

Gaboi

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
Finally the map is starting to show 3g in South Florida! now my only problem is trying to find an iPhone 5 in stock!

Try bestbuy, radio shack, the smaller AT&T and Verizon stores I found one the other day only had to drive about 30 miles don't just look in your own city. Good luck

icanhasiphone?

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2008
San Diego, CA
So far I've only been able to get 3G at my house but nowhere else in San Diego. I guess it will be a while until the entire city gets 3G 1900 MHz. :(

I'm having the same issue here in San Diego too! The minute I leave my house in Spring Valley i'm back on Edge, really weird.

Hopefully over the next few weeks things improve.

iTouch

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Korea Town, Monterey Park, Alhambra had 3G for me. With Speedtest it was around 3Mbps. Not bad.

Prime85

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2012
Try bestbuy, radio shack, the smaller AT&T and Verizon stores I found one the other day only had to drive about 30 miles don't just look in your own city. Good luck

Thanks, but i have tried best buy and radio shack and they all tell me i cant buy it device only. They only allow you to purchase a phone if you are on Att, verizon or sprint. so it looks like the only way to get a device only without being with one of the major carriers. Plus i need 2 Iphones which make it even more difficult.

southpaw773

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
looks like small scale sites in many locations in the city of chicago now....ironically right around tmobile stores. i'd get 3g and go a block and back to E. however, it looks like it will get more widespread ....more reports popping up at http://www.airportal.de (user generated iphone 3G sightings for tmobile)

Gaboi

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2012
Thanks, but i have tried best buy and radio shack and they all tell me i cant buy it device only. They only allow you to purchase a phone if you are on Att, verizon or sprint. so it looks like the only way to get a device only without being with one of the major carriers. Plus i need 2 Iphones which make it even more difficult.

Thanks strange I walked right into an AT&T store and bought mine out right with no problems

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.