Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hiroden

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I just saw a "short clip" type condom Ad on the Macrumors frontpage that's not 100% safe for work, specially in an open office environment...

I didn't watch the whole clip as I had to close the tab very quickly.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
If you can get a screen shot of it and the linked URL, the site admins can look into having it removed.

Also from the forum FAQ:

What do I do about annoying ads?
MacRumors uses an advertising service that supplies ads from a pool. We do not select the specific ads shown or the specific advertisers who participate.

If you find a particular ad especially annoying (e.g., an ad that is oversized, obscures the page, moves around, or has sound), let us know by posting a screenshot in our Site and Forum Feedback forum and telling us the URL it links to. Using this information we can ask to have it removed from the ad pool.

If you find all ads annoying, remember that ads support the site and allow us to provide free news, rumors, and discussion, and that ads are suppressed for paid members. See How do I contribute to MacRumors.com? above.​

hiroden

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm sure it's just a coincidence of timing, but I couldn't help noticing which Mod got to the post referencing condoms first.

Pure luck, I'm sure...:D :p

:rolleyes:

I "F5" the page whole day and no luck yet... I should have done a screencap very quickly. Sorry guys.

Maybe I will try at home.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
The interesting thing is that the ad companies usually serve ads based on what they think the user will be interested in...

hiroden

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
The interesting thing is that the ad companies usually serve ads based on what they think the user will be interested in...

Yea... this is what I have been thinking the whole day.

I always browse in Firefox Private Browsing mode so there should not be any information of me and my browsing habits. Usually I only visit tech sites, gizmodo, engadget, here, and slashdot... (Facebook is blocked at work).

The Ads at the macrumors frontpage I see very often are i'm watch, ASUS, Symantec... then... only once for BMW.

hiroden

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Got it...

Attachments

• 10-17-2012 9-27-34 AM.jpg
    10-17-2012 9-27-34 AM.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 171
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.