Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisCW11

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
Most likely

They discovered that putting the case on the iPhone 5 would scratch and dent it so they needed to make the new case out of softer materials, like whipped air.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Lifeproof cases are for who live active style. My friend bikes 50-100 miles on the weekend. In Florida especially during raining season. Life proof is a saver if you are on a long bike ride.

Life proof is not for everyone.

That sounds vaguely like an antidepressant ad.

lifeproof.png

Last edited:

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2005
Wow this thing looks great - if your daily life includes close quarters combat :)

I think I'll just stick with my neoprene pouch.

JemTheWire

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
Manchester (UK)
Family had these for their 4S's cannot hear them rough the microphone. Not recommended.

Ditto. I also had trouble hearing people clearly due to the protection over the earpiece.

I tried to get used to it, but couldn't. Lifeproof were good enough to give me a full refund, including P&P. So hats off to them.

rcappo

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
Ditto. I also had trouble hearing people clearly due to the protection over the earpiece.

I tried to get used to it, but couldn't. Lifeproof were good enough to give me a full refund, including P&P. So hats off to them.

There is a way to fix it. The mesh screen can get bent with air pressure changes. You have to blow on it to push it back into shape.

I wonder how long it will take them to make the white version... I hope it is out by December.

I love my case for the 4S, and I mount it to my bike and take it kayaking with me. I do think they need a car mount though.

ahbe

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2003
Earth
There is a way to fix it. The mesh screen can get bent with air pressure changes. You have to blow on it to push it back into shape.

I wonder how long it will take them to make the white version... I hope it is out by December.

I love my case for the 4S, and I mount it to my bike and take it kayaking with me. I do think they need a car mount though.

Ditto on the car mount, especially with turn by turn directions standard now. I was even thinking of modifying a bike mount to work in the car.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
This kind of case is on par with those glasses specialized for gamers. There are so many kinds of holders for a phone to keep it from getting wet or banged around, instead of putting it in this Robocop-looking vault of a case. It's like a phone that's been immersed in Carbonite.

rearviewmirror

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2010
Or you can use a plastic bag. It will look better too.

Doesn't work, a friend of mine did this and his phone was swimming in condensation after a few hour ride. The best is a waterproof case or something that breathable that protects the phone.

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2011
I understand that some people don't understand that some of us actually use our phones for work. No phone, no work! So we need good protection against all kinds of hazards. So for those who only use their phones to browse the internet and make plans with friends while sipping latte's at Starbucks, then a simple bumper case is fine.

But for the rest of us, we need protection.

With that said, I had a Lifeproof for my 4, but now have an Otterbox for my 5. I hated the original Otterbox for the 4 as the rubber constantly peeled up. No so with the new case and I like it. Will wait and see on the new Lifeproof.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
My other half has a terrible habit of just smashing up her phones or dropping them in to water. I just have no idea how she destroys them like she does.

I got her one of these for her 4s. It's a bit of an aggressive-looking thing but it does the job and her phone is holding up well!

Dropping in "water" means phone in back pocket -> TOILET.

hamkor04

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2011
I don't think they were announcing a delay.. they were just giving people a much-needed update on their progress.

marketing skim? interesting this sh**ty "ads" how big profitable to MR?

----------

They discovered that putting the case on the iPhone 5 would scratch and dent it so they needed to make the new case out of softer materials, like whipped air.

haha:D

apkbass

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
I love what LifeProof does but I cant deny the fact that their cases are arguably the least ergonomically i have ever used. If they solve that problem, then they will be the best case maker, bar none.

And if they solve the price problem...btw, I wouldn't be expecting to find you on here...AIDAN...;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.