Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > App Store Business, Legal and Marketıng

Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:02 PM   #1
firewood
macrumors 603

New iOS 6 App Store?

The mix of apps that sell appears to have changed the past few weeks, and lots of developers think it's the new iOS on-device App Store. I've seen some of my apps drop in sales, but some formerly poorly selling apps conversely rise.

One hypothesis I've seen in the blogs is that apps with great screen shots and description text compared to their icons have risen, at the cost of apps with great icons and names compared to the competition then dropping like rocks in popularity.

Finding really unique search terms by which to market ones app also appears to be rising in importance.

Other hypothesis?
firewood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:35 AM   #2
TreInJapan
macrumors newbie

Yeah, on many forums, I've seen loads of people "complaining" about dropping sales and how much they hate the new design. Lots of people are saying "It's designed to make the powerful app companies even more powerful!"

But IMHO, as long as you stay on top of the new requirements for a great name and at least one great image showing your app, it will benefit you while all the "long-timers" are still staggering in rage and inflexibility.
TreInJapan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Greencardman
macrumors 6502

I'm a little frustrated with search. It only shows your the first 24 results, so if you're not in the first 24, you never get found.
Greencardman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:50 PM   #4
dejo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencardman View Post
I'm a little frustrated with search. It only shows your the first 24 results...
At first, yes. But if you keep swiping over, you'll get more.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:13 PM   #5
Greencardman
macrumors 6502

Oh sweet, they changed it. Last week it just went to 24 and no amount of swiping would get you any more.
Greencardman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > App Store Business, Legal and Marketıng