Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Feb 3, 2012, 05:05 PM   #51
moore2772
macrumors newbie

REAL Quicken for Lion

The only thing I want to read about is a version of Quicken that is the same as Quicken 7 that runs on Lion. How much time does Intuit need to develop this?? They should give it away- but if they don't I'd buy it as an "upgrade" if I read here first that it indeed works, and provides the same functionality as the PPC version. Quicken "essentials" is not an option (what was Intuit thinking?????)
moore2772 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:28 AM   #52
Tinger
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore2772 View Post
The only thing I want to read about is a version of Quicken that is the same as Quicken 7 that runs on Lion. How much time does Intuit need to develop this?? They should give it away- but if they don't I'd buy it as an "upgrade" if I read here first that it indeed works, and provides the same functionality as the PPC version. Quicken "essentials" is not an option (what was Intuit thinking?????)
They may have to give it away just to get any mac customers back.
Tinger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:04 PM   #53
macrumorsue
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinn233 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A405)

Just use Mint.com or iBank it's not worth waiting for a company that can't keep it's products up to date. 2007 was 5 years ago and they haven't updated since. They obviously don't care about their customers.
Hi Tinger,

Loved yours and everyone's comments on Intuit's Quicken 7 for Mac. As a person who has plunked nearly $1K down on various Intuit products throughout the past 15 years on upgrades of Quicken, Quickbooks for both mac and eventually the pc, I thought I'd take a peek at what MacRumors' bloggers had to say first on Quicken 7. Sure enough I found it useful!

One thing funny, however, is that Intuit is the powerhouse behind the online Mint.com. Just thought that that should be cleared up for the record here so it's no longer a ... MacRumor ....

Love to all of my mac friends,
MacRumorSue
macrumorsue is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:15 PM   #54
macrumorsue
macrumors newbie

Options for Intuit

Hello MacRumor Forum!

I recently posted quoting awin233 and accidentally adressed Tinger. I apologize for my error.

Everyone here is so amazing, thank you for your input. I love everything you are talking about!!

I too had upgraded my Mac's Quicken from 2007 to the 2009 accidentally and the next thing I knew "BLAMMO!" they wanted more moolah for another upgrade.

Thankfully I had a previous backup on a harddrive that I reinstalled a downgrade of Quicken 2007 in order that I wasn't forced into paying their obscene prices to push me over the $1,000 mark.

Already I'm paying quarterly assisted payroll fees for my business.

What's a girl to do?

Really now? And now that I'm reading all of your comments, it's truly amazing. I'm running a business and thought I was stuck with only one option. Hmmmmm... The world suddenly has become a bigger place happily.
macrumorsue is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:51 AM   #55
cscarlson47
macrumors newbie

Intuit has abandoned us

Are you contemplating an upgrade to Quicken Essentials for Mac? Don't waste your money. Recently I tried to upgrade from Quicken 2004 for Mac to QE, and I was dismayed to discover that QE cannot import my existing financial data from any Quicken for Mac version before Quicken 2005. ("You will need to start from scratch" is not an acceptable solution, but it is my new favorite example of customer abuse). The thread containing my conversation with Quicken support is at the end of this post, but in a nutshell their solution is that you have to upgrade from Quicken 2004 to an intermediate version of Quicken (like Quicken 2005) and then import the Quicken 2005 data into QE. Which sounds reasonable until you think about it: Quicken 2005 is no longer available, and if I'm trying to upgrade from 2004 it's pretty obvious that I don't have a copy of 2005 on hand. For that matter, how am I supposed to trust software to handle my personal financial information if the company producing it can't even make new products backward compatible with their own products?

Anyway, after seventeen years of loyal use of Quicken and Turbotax, I suddenly found myself in need of a new financial software company, because I'm thoroughly disgusted with Intuit. I found Money and iBank4 reasonably well recommended, so I gave trial versions of both a shot. Money didn't import my Quicken 2004 .qif file accurately, but iBank4 did so seamlessly, and I'm pretty happy with it as my new home. So if you are contemplating an upgrade from Quicken 2004 or earlier, don't waste your money on Quicken Essentials because it cannot import your data. Instead, I recommend that you switch to iBank4.

Chris Carlson

Recently you requested assistance from Quicken Customer Care. Below is a summary of your request and our response. We are committed to resolving this issue to your complete satisfaction.

Discussion Thread
Response (Amjad) 09/01/2012 06:02 PM
Dear Christopher Carlson,

Thank you for contacting Quicken Customer Care.

Christopher, if you do not have older version of Quicken for Mac 2005, 2006 or 2007, there is no way to convert the file of Quicken 2004 in Quicken Essential.

You will need to start from scratch.

If you require additional information or feel that the above resource(s) did not assist with supporting your issue, then please feel free to reply to this email.

You can also contact Chat Support, by visiting this URL: https://quicken.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...duser/chat.php
Chat Support is available anytime, 24x7.

To call phone support regarding this issue, you can visit the following URL and submit an incident post. This will give you a number to call the phone support:
https://quicken.custhelp.com/app/contact/plvl1/win
Phone support is available from 5AM - 5PM PST, Mon-Fri.

Sincerely,
Amjad
Quicken Customer Care
Auto-Response 09/01/2012 03:27 PM
Thank you for contacting Quicken Customer Care.

We have received your question, and will respond to you within 48 hours.

Regards,

Quicken Customer Care Team

**This is a system-generated confirmation. Please do not respond to this email.**
Customer (Christopher Carlson) 09/01/2012 03:27 PM
Okay, how the heck do I import my old Quicken 2004 data into QE 2010? Telling me I cannot just pisses me off, and I'm already thinking that any company incapable of backward compatibility with their own software really isn't the sort of company that I want to trust with my personal financial records. Telling me to use Q2005 for mac isn't helpful, because I DO NOT HAVE a copy of quicken 2005 for mac, nor can I buy one anymore.
cscarlson47 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2012, 12:58 PM   #56
diane143
macrumors 6502

The problem is, Essentials is not an upgrade.
diane143 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:57 PM   #57
Raptor123
macrumors newbie

Finance software

Looking to keep your old MS Money data then try this:
Bought a mac earlier this year and spent some time looking for a suitable package to transfer my MS Moneyplus data into. Was not happy with what was on offer. Loaded Virtualbox which is free, loaded a working copy of windows 7 and finally downloaded a free copy of Moneyplus; yes it is still available and free. Uploaded saved copy of data and I now all of my years of data available to me. I bank with Lloyds so can download quicken/ms data into software.
Total costs 0.00
Works wonderfully and no switching drives.
Virtual box does take a little time to set up but once you get the hang of it no problem. Upgraded to Mountain Lion and then reinstalled the latest version of Virtualbox without any problems.
Raptor123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion