Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Oct 8, 2012, 04:36 PM   #1
AlexNiko
macrumors newbie

Try to fin solutions for digital magazine

Hello!
My name is Alex. I'm photographer. Me and my friend want to produce digital photo magazine for ipad. We bough Adobe DPS Single edition to test what we can. Now we try to find some solution more cheaper than Adobe DPS prof. What we need:

Buil app that support subscription (like Time or NewYorker). Spend less money than Adobe want ))). I would be grateful for answers.

Alex.
AlexNiko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:23 AM   #2
960design
macrumors 6502a

Something like this?

http://www.lakercompendium.com

just guessing
Old Oct 9, 2012, 01:38 PM   #3
rdas7
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNiko View Post
Spend less money than Adobe want
Not sure what Adobe are asking, but in my decade of experience with them, I'd be hesitant to buy anything they're offering.

Have you looked into MagPlus? http://www.magplus.com
rdas7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:37 PM   #4
blackboxideas
macrumors newbie

Late reply, sorry! Depending on what you want to achieve, you could use the Baker eBook Framework here: http://bakerframework.com/

It's opensource, but you'll need some knowledge of web standards and Xcode too.
blackboxideas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:42 AM   #5
lucidmedia
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdas7 View Post
Not sure what Adobe are asking, but in my decade of experience with them, I'd be hesitant to buy anything they're offering.

Have you looked into MagPlus? http://www.magplus.com
MagPlus and Adobe DPS are the big players in this space, but in my experience DPS is the far better option. Mag+ has terrible (read: nonexistent) documentation, so getting up and running takes a lot of time and effort.

Mag+ is a little less expensive, but in the grand scheme of things not THAT much less expensive.

If you are looking to do something on the cheap, why not create a responsive HTML magazine? Thats free.
lucidmedia is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 05:36 AM   #6
FuelUser
macrumors newbie

Deezine - Your Digital Magazine from iPad

Hi Everyone!

I discovered an App that may help you! With Deezine you can design from layouts your own mags with contents from social networks, photos, videos, RSS text and the plus is the Interactive modes! They're awesome! And free!

Website is: www.deezine.es
Take a look!

FuelUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 04:21 AM   #7
Lunass
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNiko View Post
Hello!
My name is Alex. I'm photographer. Me and my friend want to produce digital photo magazine for ipad. We bough Adobe DPS Single edition to test what we can. Now we try to find some solution more cheaper than Adobe DPS prof. What we need:

Buil app that support subscription (like Time or NewYorker). Spend less money than Adobe want ))). I would be grateful for answers.

Alex.
Hi Alex,
another solution for your referance, you can try Kvisoft digital magazine software, it can help you create digital magazine from PDF or photo image files, hope this helps!
It also has a 30-day trial version, you can download to try.
Lunass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2013, 07:11 AM   #8
crisF
macrumors newbie

When I had to choose such a solutions I read a lot about different software and decided that Adobe DPS is the best.
crisF is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development