Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Billybaldin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
Oregon
My wife and I both use the same Mac(for now). We share the same contacts but obviously have different friends. She would like to use message under her name and I would like to use it under mine. How do we set it up so when she is on the Mac she can use her ID and I can use mine?

Thanks
Bill and Liz

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Setup two accounts on the Mac under Users & Groups in System Preferences... one for each of you. Then when you are logged in to your account it will use your iMessage settings and likewise for her account.

This will require you to logout and back in to the correct account each time though.

The Economist

Suspended
Apr 4, 2011
Mexico
Setup two accounts on the Mac under Users & Groups in System Preferences... one for each of you. Then when you are logged in to your account it will use your iMessage settings and likewise for her account.

This will require you to logout and back in to the correct account each time though.

If they enable fast switching, and their accounts don't need a password to login, then having more than one user on their computer won't become a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.