Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tnsltwn

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
That's not your home screen. You're on the second page of the springboard.

This IS my homescreen. I like keeping the first page stock with Apple's apps. The second one I showed is the actual homescreen I use. Your question and my answer is the exact reason I like seeing other people's homescreens. It's good to see other people's ideas, layouts, organization, wallpapers and apps. Thanks.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
Here is my current screen. The photo will change tomorrow or so.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 108

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
Here's mine. The apps at the bottom are on trial phase. If I like them I put them in a folder. I use some of them mostly on the iPad but as I'm a teacher I'm moving about a lot so I use whatever iOS device is close to hand.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 113

tnsltwn

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010
busted in his own thread :p

I'll answer to you as well. Your comment is "technically" correct but not entirely in my opinion or what I was getting at. Yes, this is the second page of my springboard but to me my homescreen is the screen of apps I use the most. As I said to someone else I like to leave the "homescreen" stock with Apples apps. The second page shown I refer to as my homescreen because it's the apps I use the most. I'm not trolling or trying to argue your point but I'm also not looking to have someone look this far into a simple thread I made just to see what other people's homescreens look like and maybe get some ideas on how to better organize, layout, find cool new apps or wallpapers. I honestly don't care what page of the spring board you call your homescreen I just wanted to see other's peoples and that's it. Thank you for "technically" correcting my post.

SonRK

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2011
I like how some of you have no apps on your screen and have the bottom with apps, but isnt there a limit to how many fit in a folder? I want to just have an empty home screen as well on my iPhone 5

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I like how some of you have no apps on your screen and have the bottom with apps, but isnt there a limit to how many fit in a folder? I want to just have an empty home screen as well on my iPhone 5

First screen

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 93

tnsltwn

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2010

16 apps fit in a folder. I've seen a lot of people only keep the 4 apps that fit in the dock and on the second page it's all the folders leaving their homescreen essentially app free. My friend does this.

GeorgieAcevedo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
New York City
I arranged my icons a bit adding ideas from this thread. My girlfriend took a pic with my phone and put it as my background so I left it there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I will never understand people that leave useless apps like Newstand or Clock on the home screen. Throw those things in a junk folder on a last screen you never go to or delete them through Cydia.
Don't assume based on your usage.

I open and use the clock app several times a day. Newsstand is several pages in, because only my NYTimes app is in there, but having the clock on my first page is efficient for me.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
16 apps fit in a folder. I've seen a lot of people only keep the 4 apps that fit in the dock and on the second page it's all the folders leaving their homescreen essentially app free. My friend does this.

That's what I do. I like to be able to see my wallpaper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.