Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmee

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
Canada
About a year ago a friend added my apple account to his iOS developer program so I could login to iTunes Connect.

Today a year later for a project completely unrelated to my previous friend and unreleated to iOS, I purchased the Mac App developing program thing so I can submit an app to the Mac App Store.

I login to iTunes Connect and it says "Welcome Tom" (my name is David, Tom is the name of my old friend from a year ago) and then it says my iOS license has expired. I ignored all this and hit "add new app" however it just assumes I want to create an iOS app and doesn't even give me the option to create a new OS X app.

Anyone know if there's a way to completely deattach myself from my old friend from a year ago and his account, and make it so I can just make a new OS X app? I did pay the $100 dollars :(

allegrocm

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2005
Ames, IA
I've had a very similar problem. Had a previous iOS developer license, then started a company and wanted to do mac app store development, but when logging into iTunes connect, only expired IOS stuff showed up. Apple support was actually unable to help me. The workaround was to use the appleID we had created for our startup company and connect it to my developer account. So when I go to deveoper.apple.com, I just log in as my company now. Only difference I see is that our Mac App Store license was purchased on our company's developer account, so you might have to jump through a few more hoops. Good luck! I thought the situation was completely unacceptable, FWIW.

Ken

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.