Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nies

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
Just got one and I honestly want to get another in a different color, love the feel and everything about this case. Will post some pics tomorrow. Anyone have the blue and gray one? Mines the black and greenish side one

rayricepudding

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
I got one too

After doing a lot of research this week, looking for a case that would be slim yet somewhat protective, easy to take the phone in and out of, and soft enough that it won't scratch the easily-scratchable finish of the phone but wouldn't be rubbery and tough to take in and out of my pocket. The Candy Grip Sheer is all of these things.

I bought it today after comparing it to the Ballistic Smooth Series case, also a good option for those who are more prone to dropping the case but don't want the bulk of most highly-protective cases.

I bought the case in black (sheer black), and my only complaint is that it's not very sheer and looks pretty boring on the phone. I'd love if it were more clear.

Angelbethany

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
Has anyone tried this case with the lightning to 30 pin adaptor? One of the Amazon reviews mentioned that it didn't fit.

skywavesli

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2008
After doing a lot of research this week, looking for a case that would be slim yet somewhat protective, easy to take the phone in and out of, and soft enough that it won't scratch the easily-scratchable finish of the phone but wouldn't be rubbery and tough to take in and out of my pocket. The Candy Grip Sheer is all of these things.

I bought it today after comparing it to the Ballistic Smooth Series case, also a good option for those who are more prone to dropping the case but don't want the bulk of most highly-protective cases.

I bought the case in black (sheer black), and my only complaint is that it's not very sheer and looks pretty boring on the phone. I'd love if it were more clear.

Also very interested in getting one.

Can you confirm/deny if it works with the Lightning-to-30pin adaptor?

Thanks!

barryst

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
just ordered the glow(green) and black. i usually go for a neutral looking case, but the green frame adds a nice touch of colour i think.

c26-B0094CWZ7G-2-l.jpg

apparently the actual case doesn't have the logo in the corner and the back isn't really see-through as shown.

Myrr

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
I'm holding the green case now it's awesome. Very bright in color...none of these cases seem to have that logo. My phone is white I can make out the apple logo and other features on the back just barely.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
the back is still kind of see through but that logo isn't there. I found the black/green one at best buy and love it. It's a very slim case for the protection it provides.

----------

Has anyone tried this case with the lightning to 30 pin adaptor? One of the Amazon reviews mentioned that it didn't fit.

I don't have one but I don't see any way it would fit. If you need an adapter I'd go with the cable version. but that at rate it'd be better to just buy two new lightning cables.

barryst

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
how's the lip around the bezel on it? does it interfere at all with using the touchscreen side to side? it looks pretty minimal from pics ive seen of it

barryst

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
Thanks! hopefully it doesn't take too long to arrive, and here's to hoping it can dethrone my current diztronic tpu case.

barryst

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2009
Their Blue/Grey looks fantastic! It looks like on ebay someone is selling it for $19.64, a few dollars cheaper than Belkin on their web.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Belkin-Grip...A%2BFICS%2BUFI&otn=21&pmod=121001236270&ps=54
Is this legit?

i ordered mine from this seller, apparently shipped out today.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321008115307?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

----------

Let's see some "Real" pictures of this case. :)

There are some customer pics on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Candy-...79&sr=8-2&keywords=belkin+candy+grip+iphone+5

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
the pictures on amazon from customers are very accurate. Good representation.

I think the one thing you can see is the "thinness" of the case. It's thin in the best way. My cousin has a griffin reveal and my SO has the speck candyshell. Both are significantly thicker and bulkier than this case. It makes the phone retain its size and proportion much better than any other I've seen or tried.

Stricklerjosh

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
Just got mine in the mail last night from cellguru. Got the blue/grey color and I love it. Very slim and does not add too much weight. Nice price on cellguru too. Think it was around $17 after shipping.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
the pictures on amazon from customers are very accurate. Good representation.

I think the one thing you can see is the "thinness" of the case. It's thin in the best way. My cousin has a griffin reveal and my SO has the speck candyshell. Both are significantly thicker and bulkier than this case. It makes the phone retain its size and proportion much better than any other I've seen or tried.

I wouldn't say significantly thicker. I have both and when both cases are laid face down, the speck is ~1 mm thicker than the belkin. Also, I feel like the majority of that extra thickness comes from the lip on the speck. The lip on the speck is just ever so slightly higher than the one on the belkin. Speck did a good job on the CandyShell for the 5. I still prefer the belkin, though.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
I wouldn't say significantly thicker. I have both and when both cases are laid face down, the speck is ~1 mm thicker than the belkin. Also, I feel like the majority of that extra thickness comes from the lip on the speck. The lip on the speck is just ever so slightly higher than the one on the belkin. Speck did a good job on the CandyShell for the 5. I still prefer the belkin, though.

in this case, that is significant enough.

djr7572

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2011
It's taken me about 3 different cases and close to $100 to finally decide that the Belkin Grip Candy Sheer is my favorite case. I wish I would've chose it from the start - I would've saved myself a lot of time and money. Fits my iPhone 5 nice and snug, no fingerprints or scratches, cool color options, easy on and off. Perfect!

levels

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
I also have settled on this case. I got the all black version(which it seems like only Verizon sells). It's really a pretty impressive case. The fit and finish is basically perfect. I've used it for about a month now and there is ZERO marks or scratches on the case. My only concern is whether it will stretch over time. Seems like all these 1 piece cases stretch over time as you take them on off. What do people think? I don't take it off too often but like to sometimes to clean the case/phone.

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
Agree with what others have said in this thread. The Belkin Grip Candy Sheer has rapidly become my favorite case. I started with the Fab Shell from Speck (which I like also), but I like this one more. It has a great feel in the hand and it fits the phone very well. I purchased the DayGlow/BlackTop color from Belkin since I hadn't seen that color scheme in stores. It looks great on my white iPhone. Might need to get this one in more colors!

bhigh8

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
Agree with what others have said in this thread. The Belkin Grip Candy Sheer has rapidly become my favorite case. I started with the Fab Shell from Speck (which I like also), but I like this one more. It has a great feel in the hand and it fits the phone very well. I purchased the DayGlow/BlackTop color from Belkin since I hadn't seen that color scheme in stores. It looks great on my white iPhone. Might need to get this one in more colors!

I have this one as well on my black phone and love it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.