Lost IPOD - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Oct 5, 2012, 06:50 PM   #1
Blanche17
macrumors newbie

Lost IPOD

i found an Ipod belonging to "Jessica Germany" in Northern California..any ideas on how i can get it back to her..it has an "inscription" on it..thanks to all
Blanche17 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2012, 07:07 PM   #2
Blackberryroid
Banned

Try looking for the address of the contact in the contacts app. Or connect it to a Wi-fi and wait for a few weeks, the owner might see it in "Find my iPhone".

If everything else fails, you can keep it. Why not?
Blackberryroid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2012, 09:36 PM   #3
Aspasia
macrumors 6502a

Hopefully she'll have an contact under "ICE," - which means in case of emergency - and a contact number.

Another option is to check for a texting app and if there's a record of texts, reply to one of them and explain the situation.

White Pages has two entries for Jessica Germany, both in San Diego but on different streets.

It's good to know there are still people who do the right thing.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2012, 01:25 AM   #4
xriderx11
macrumors regular

Is it unlocked? If so go onto "Facebook" or go onto the appstore and look at her email address through that and contact her.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 05:44 AM   #5
Julien
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberryroid View Post
Try looking for the address of the contact in the contacts app. Or connect it to a Wi-fi and wait for a few weeks, the owner might see it in "Find my iPhone"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspasia View Post
Hopefully she'll have an contact under "ICE," - which means in case of emergency - and a contact number.

Another option is to check for a texting app and if there's a record of texts, reply to one of them and explain the situation....
Quote:
Originally Posted by xriderx11 View Post
Is it unlocked? If so go onto "Facebook" or go onto the appstore and look at her email address through that and contact her.
I must be missing something.....How does any of this apply to an iPod?
Julien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2012, 05:51 AM   #6

If your attempts to locate her fail then feel free to keep or sell it.

Bingo was his name'o
725032 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:04 PM   #7
pacmania1982
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
The person who posted this post, didn't specify which iPod it was, and some assumed it might be an iPod touch, which has a contacts app on and Facebook

pac
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:55 PM   #8
xriderx11
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
Unlocked?

Like does it have a lock on it??

If so he can go on mail or Facebook.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:33 PM   #9
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

This person is probably never coming back here, but I'll post it anyway.

It is not a good idea to post this kind of thing on a message board. Especially on MR where there are people here, who are only here, for the promo codes and freebies. I'm pretty sure she/he is getting messages from people either saying they are the girl in question, or are related/friends of her and are "willing to take it back to her" in order to get a free iPod.

You should have left it where you found it, or turned it in to the place where you found it. Sure, it's most likely someone would have taken it home by the end of the week, but that's just how it goes with these things (and as an example, someone left their TI-83 behind, just sitting outside a classroom - someone who graduated or didn't go there anymore apparently, it could have gone in the trash, but instead I used it for the six years in middle school/high school and then sold it in 2010, easily saved my parents $100).

And in most cases, if you were to call Apple about it, they would tell you to chunk it. That's what Amazon does with their Kindles anyway. They have no responsibility when it comes to you losing the device, and they don't think it should be the responsibility of others either.

Keep it. Just erase the data and throw on a case. It's not like you're taking a unique item that can't be bought for less than $100 on eBay in pretty decent condition at this point. You never know, it could have been bought at a pawn shop miles away too, there are so many possibilities.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:51 AM   #10
bruceclay85
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
This person is probably never coming back here, but I'll post it anyway.

It is not a good idea to post this kind of thing on a message board. Especially on MR where there are people here, who are only here, for the promo codes and freebies. I'm pretty sure she/he is getting messages from people either saying they are the girl in question, or are related/friends of her and are "willing to take it back to her" in order to get a free iPod.

You should have left it where you found it, or turned it in to the place where you found it. Sure, it's most likely someone would have taken it home by the end of the week, but that's just how it goes with these things (and as an example, someone left their TI-83 behind, just sitting outside a classroom - someone who graduated or didn't go there anymore apparently, it could have gone in the trash, but instead I used it for the six years in middle school/high school and then sold it in 2010, easily saved my parents $100).

And in most cases, if you were to call Apple about it, they would tell you to chunk it. That's what Amazon does with their Kindles anyway. They have no responsibility when it comes to you losing the device, and they don't think it should be the responsibility of others either.

Keep it. Just erase the data and throw on a case. It's not like you're taking a unique item that can't be bought for less than $100 on eBay in pretty decent condition at this point. You never know, it could have been bought at a pawn shop miles away too, there are so many possibilities.
This..... Someone is simply trying to do something nice, and....this....
bruceclay85 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod