Lost IPOD - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 5, 2012, 06:50 PM   #1
Blanche17
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Lost IPOD

i found an Ipod belonging to "Jessica Germany" in Northern California..any ideas on how i can get it back to her..it has an "inscription" on it..thanks to all
Blanche17 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2012, 07:07 PM   #2
Blackberryroid
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: /private/var/vm/
Try looking for the address of the contact in the contacts app. Or connect it to a Wi-fi and wait for a few weeks, the owner might see it in "Find my iPhone".

If everything else fails, you can keep it. Why not?
Blackberryroid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2012, 09:36 PM   #3
Aspasia
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
Hopefully she'll have an contact under "ICE," - which means in case of emergency - and a contact number.

Another option is to check for a texting app and if there's a record of texts, reply to one of them and explain the situation.

White Pages has two entries for Jessica Germany, both in San Diego but on different streets.

It's good to know there are still people who do the right thing.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2012, 01:25 AM   #4
xriderx11
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Is it unlocked? If so go onto "Facebook" or go onto the appstore and look at her email address through that and contact her.
__________________
Iphone 5 black slate, Ipod touch 4G, Macbook pro late 2011 2.4ghz quad core i7
xriderx11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2012, 05:44 AM   #5
Julien
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberryroid View Post
Try looking for the address of the contact in the contacts app. Or connect it to a Wi-fi and wait for a few weeks, the owner might see it in "Find my iPhone"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspasia View Post
Hopefully she'll have an contact under "ICE," - which means in case of emergency - and a contact number.

Another option is to check for a texting app and if there's a record of texts, reply to one of them and explain the situation....
Quote:
Originally Posted by xriderx11 View Post
Is it unlocked? If so go onto "Facebook" or go onto the appstore and look at her email address through that and contact her.
I must be missing something.....How does any of this apply to an iPod?
Julien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2012, 05:51 AM   #6
725032
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
If your attempts to locate her fail then feel free to keep or sell it.

Bingo was his name'o
725032 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:04 PM   #7
pacmania1982
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Birmingham, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
I must be missing something.....How does any of this apply to an iPod?
The person who posted this post, didn't specify which iPod it was, and some assumed it might be an iPod touch, which has a contacts app on and Facebook

pac
__________________
15" Late 2013 Quad Core i7 Retina MacBook Pro | 32GB VZW iPad 3 | 16GB iPhone 4s
pacmania1982 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:55 PM   #8
xriderx11
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien View Post
I must be missing something.....How does any of this apply to an iPod?
Unlocked?


Like does it have a lock on it??

If so he can go on mail or Facebook.
__________________
Iphone 5 black slate, Ipod touch 4G, Macbook pro late 2011 2.4ghz quad core i7
xriderx11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:33 PM   #9
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603
 
Jessica Lares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Near Dallas, Texas, USA
This person is probably never coming back here, but I'll post it anyway.

It is not a good idea to post this kind of thing on a message board. Especially on MR where there are people here, who are only here, for the promo codes and freebies. I'm pretty sure she/he is getting messages from people either saying they are the girl in question, or are related/friends of her and are "willing to take it back to her" in order to get a free iPod.

You should have left it where you found it, or turned it in to the place where you found it. Sure, it's most likely someone would have taken it home by the end of the week, but that's just how it goes with these things (and as an example, someone left their TI-83 behind, just sitting outside a classroom - someone who graduated or didn't go there anymore apparently, it could have gone in the trash, but instead I used it for the six years in middle school/high school and then sold it in 2010, easily saved my parents $100).

And in most cases, if you were to call Apple about it, they would tell you to chunk it. That's what Amazon does with their Kindles anyway. They have no responsibility when it comes to you losing the device, and they don't think it should be the responsibility of others either.

Keep it. Just erase the data and throw on a case. It's not like you're taking a unique item that can't be bought for less than $100 on eBay in pretty decent condition at this point. You never know, it could have been bought at a pawn shop miles away too, there are so many possibilities.
__________________
Have You Hugged Your Mac Today?
Daily Expressions | iMac G4 | Late 2011 13" MacBook Pro | iPod Nano (7G) | iPad Mini | iPod Touch (5G) | iPhone 5S
Jessica Lares is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:51 AM   #10
bruceclay85
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
This person is probably never coming back here, but I'll post it anyway.

It is not a good idea to post this kind of thing on a message board. Especially on MR where there are people here, who are only here, for the promo codes and freebies. I'm pretty sure she/he is getting messages from people either saying they are the girl in question, or are related/friends of her and are "willing to take it back to her" in order to get a free iPod.

You should have left it where you found it, or turned it in to the place where you found it. Sure, it's most likely someone would have taken it home by the end of the week, but that's just how it goes with these things (and as an example, someone left their TI-83 behind, just sitting outside a classroom - someone who graduated or didn't go there anymore apparently, it could have gone in the trash, but instead I used it for the six years in middle school/high school and then sold it in 2010, easily saved my parents $100).

And in most cases, if you were to call Apple about it, they would tell you to chunk it. That's what Amazon does with their Kindles anyway. They have no responsibility when it comes to you losing the device, and they don't think it should be the responsibility of others either.

Keep it. Just erase the data and throw on a case. It's not like you're taking a unique item that can't be bought for less than $100 on eBay in pretty decent condition at this point. You never know, it could have been bought at a pawn shop miles away too, there are so many possibilities.
This..... Someone is simply trying to do something nice, and....this....
bruceclay85 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lost my iPod timiscute iPod touch 1 Apr 17, 2013 03:32 PM
Lost passcode for iPod touch. DubLogic19 iPod 3 Jan 26, 2013 09:37 AM
lost ipod jailbunny iPod touch 2 Oct 27, 2012 05:52 AM
lost my charger 4s can i use ipod? Globug iPhone 1 Sep 25, 2012 11:58 AM
Lost iPod touch :S Dark Dragon iPod touch 18 Jul 13, 2012 07:45 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC