Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TRAV9614

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Why haven't there been any new Roundups lately? After the iPhone 5 one there haven't been any more. What about all of the new products that are supposedly coming out in a week? Does anyone else think there should be some new ones?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Are you talking about Apple products or products from other companies? Have you looked at the frontpage yet, where there are some rumours about that iPad mini, iMac and 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display?

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Are you talking about Apple products or products from other companies? Have you looked at the frontpage yet, where there are some rumours about that iPad mini, iMac and 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display?

I believe he is asking about the new Roundups tab at the top where the editors have started consolidating the various rumors on products all in one place.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I believe he is asking about the new Roundups tab at the top where the editors have started consolidating the various rumors on products all in one place.

Ah, did not see that one, though I rarely pay attention to MR stuff outside the fora, I get my Apple news from AI, even after their atrocious redesign.

Last edited by a moderator:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
We're working on roundups for all of the new stuff. We'll have them up as soon as we can.

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
I was just searching for why it still showed iphone 5 roundup and someone already posted.

thanks

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
They should be rolling out later today...thanks for your patience.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Nice, I see the new Roundups are up. They look good!

One minor detail I noticed a moment ago is that the downward facing arrow (to expand the menu to see each product and click on a particular one) doesn't appear when viewing the navigation menu from within the forums; it appears from all other pages though, from what I can tell.

Can you archive the old roundups? Seems a bit weird, but it's cool sometimes to see how wrong/right the rumours were.

Any response regarding cambookpro's question? I, too, find it interesting to view historical "data" such as this.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Nice, I see the new Roundups are up. They look good!

One minor detail I noticed a moment ago is that the downward facing arrow (to expand the menu to see each product and click on a particular one) doesn't appear when viewing the navigation menu from within the forums; it appears from all other pages though, from what I can tell.

Any response regarding cambookpro's question? I, too, find it interesting to view historical "data" such as this.

ya, we're fixing some things still. here are the urls of the new roundups:

https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/imac/
https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/ipad-mini/
https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/mac-mini/
https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/macbook-pro/

arn

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France

I assume you're still fixing things but if it helps at all, and at the risk of sounding like a "detail freak", here's what I'm seeing (and not seeing) at the moment:

• Roundups tab doesn't appear at all from the forums, except from Forum Spy
  • Roundups tab visible from Forum Spy doesn't expand to show multiple products (this is the one I mentioned previously)
This is with both Firefox and Safari.

In any case, they're a great new feature!

EDIT: Roundups tab now appears, and expands, from all sections of the forums (all sections that I've visited, that is). Carry on, self...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.