Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Techie Buzz posts a gallery of photos from the California Theatre in San Jose where Apple will be hosting their Media Event. The choice of the California Theatre is a bit unusual for Apple. According to Mercury News, Apple last used this venue to introduce new iPod products back in 2004 and 2005.

Apple is widely expected to launch a smaller 7.85" iPad mini, as well as new iMacs, Mac minis and 13" Retina MacBook Pros. The event kicks off on Tuesday, October 23rd at 10 AM Pacific / 1 PM Eastern. MacRumors will be providing coverage here and on Twitter.

Article Link: California Theatre Decorated In Anticipation of Apple's Media Event

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
Cool theater. Anyone know what other specific products have been unveiled here? Might be a hint as to what else to expect beyond the circulating rumors.

Buckeyestar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2011
Those colored Apple posters will get more people thinking the mini will come in multiple color options. Myself, I just want a sexy black slate iPad like the iPhone 5.

adamw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2006
Looks like a nice theater. Perhaps the "theme" of the this venue fits along with what Apple is going to announce.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Looks like Steve Jobs passed down the tradition. I'm not saying that Apple sells their products just based on hype, but Steve Jobs really knew how to sell even the garbage from NeXT.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Cool theater. Anyone know what other specific products have been unveiled here? Might be a hint as to what else to expect beyond the circulating rumors.

The U2 iPod was announced here, along with a performance by U2. They may have a performer lined up for this event too, especially if they release the new iTunes then.

I don't care where will they introduce the new iMacs as long as they do introduce them.

If Tuesday comes and goes without an update, don't despair til Wednesday. If it's a minor spec update, they may just update it on their site the following day without fanfare.

darcyjames

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Yeah, yeah, nice theatre, but brutal! I loved watching the big "mural" graphics go up at Yerba Buena...anyways, still excited. No Pro til 2013 so I guess I can hope for a new mini in mean time.

UNLV

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
Nevada|Las Vegas
I'm so...

I'm so excited! Apple is gonna hit it big this Christmas season! Still looking to get the iPhone 5; gotta get the iPad Mini too (unless the updated iPad 3 gets worthy enough updates for me to spend an extra 150$)!

----------

Multicolor iMacs anyone?

Bring it back to the roots–make it transparent! LOL JK

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.