Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Iconoclysm

macrumors 68040
May 13, 2010
Washington, DC
Looks like Steve Jobs passed down the tradition. I'm not saying that Apple sells their products just based on hype, but Steve Jobs really knew how to sell even the garbage from NeXT.

The reality is pretty much the exact opposite. It didn't sell very well and it wasn't garbage.

blackbelter

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
Shrinked apples: couldn't be more obvious. And multiple colors: could that be hinting at more color variations for the shrinked iPads?

As for iTunes, so far it's been nothing short of a frustration for me, especially when I tried to sync my iPad 2. It always ignored my own decision and instead made the selection of apps to be synced for me. I only hope this issue will be resolved in the coming update.

If logic and Apple do not fail, there WILL be a major update to the full-sized iPad line. We shall see.

clunkmess

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
California
I'm super excited as this will be my first iMac! the only thing I will miss is not being able to play the occasional counter-strike:eek:

UNLV

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
Nevada|Las Vegas
Maybe the...

Maybe the mini iPad will be called iPad Nano. Going against the Surface in color variation like including a colored keyboard matching the back case of the iPad. Or something of that knowledge.

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
Theatre Venue = iTunes Match for Movies
More likely theatre venue = 5 times as many seats as the Town Hall venue on Apple's campus (where they usually hold these events outside of WWDC) = Apple expecting a bit more hoopla than at one of their typical product launches (which, considering that this is Apple, is saying something).

darcyjames

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
The reality is pretty much the exact opposite. It didn't sell very well and it wasn't garbage.

No kidding, pfff, people...NeXT sold next to nothing...except that Apple bought the company and turned it into OSX, return of Jobs, etc...probably just hype. Although, the stock price of Apple did increase 11,000% (for real) after that.

acslater017

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2006
San Francisco Bay Area
More likely theatre venue = 5 times as many seats as the Town Hall venue on Apple's campus (where they usually hold these events outside of WWDC) = Apple expecting a bit more hoopla than at one of their typical product launches (which, considering that this is Apple, is saying something).

Interesting. I wonder if this event might be expecting a large-ish crowd? Larger than Cupertino Town Hall, but not large enough to justify Moscone Center of course. I wonder how it compares to Yerba Buena...

Maybe there are tons of partners that are going to be in the audience? :confused:

pgleamy

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2012
Those signs inside. Green, Red and Blue are the primary colors making up white light. New, revolutionary display? What does it mean???? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.