Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grahamie

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2012
They MUST fix the battery drain issue for the 4 and 4S users. I am fed up with this problem and have been to the Apple Store twice and called Apple about it. They offered me a new 4S with iOS 5, but I don't want to lose all my app data and just starting a new phone over is a hassle. I told them that if it's not fixed in 1 month's time, I demand a replacement.

Apple is really dropping the ball. Problem after problem...and they keep rolling out new ****. Just make the things you have out already ****ing work properly, please.

chazcron

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2012
So, apparently, iTunes Match gets a dedicated cell data off switch to "help" users who "inadvertantly" experienced extreme data drain. For those of us who don't have iTunes match, what explains all the rest of the extreme data drain? Will we have to wait for IOS 6.1 and beg our service providers to give us credit for another month of overages where none existed before IOS 6 or do we, as I did, cripple syncing and make a concerted effort to NEVER use data away from wifi?

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
Awesome. I wasn't aware that these were documented iOS 6 bugs and thought my phone might just be defective. Good to hear the fix is coming.

goinskiing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Meridian, ID
Bring back google maps.
Remove the tacky colour changing status bars.
Fix or bring back the old app store.
Bring back the cloud icons and ability to delete individual songs in itunes match.
Remove the facebook & twitter icons from the share sheets. I'm not signed into either service in settings so I don't want to see the facebook & twitter breadcrums scattered around ios.

Imo iOS 6 is a weak update. Made a few things worse and unnecessary additions but with a handful of new decent features.

I like the tacky color changing status bar.
Instead of removing the Twitter and Facebook share icons, give an option or only show if you're signed in. I like the facebook share.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
Say what?

Nobody asking for SAFARI to be snappier?

Siriusly that app plays even when paused after a phone call.

To many times surprised by it switching on by itself and the sound of
f$%^%*&% words from some of the channels.

Mac-Mariachi

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2002
Monterrey, Mexico
Fix iTunes

Don´t know if I´m the only one with issues in iTunes having a really hard time with iCloud. It´s almost useless. It constantly crashes and when it works it is very slow. For me this is worse than the maps fiasco.

camnchar

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2006
Adding to the "what about" chorus, I hope they fix the issue where stuff like Podcasts start playing from paused after you end a phone call, even if they weren't playing before the phone call.

Scott Forstall should be fired for the Podcasts app alone.

nottooshabby

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Don't forget the inevitable bloat and lag that will make the iPhone 5 feel sluggish and unusable before it is 2 years old.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2011
They MUST fix the battery drain issue for the 4 and 4S users. I am fed up with this problem and have been to the Apple Store twice and called Apple about it. They offered me a new 4S with iOS 5, but I don't want to lose all my app data and just starting a new phone over is a hassle. I told them that if it's not fixed in 1 month's time, I demand a replacement.

Apple is really dropping the ball. Problem after problem...and they keep rolling out new ****. Just make the things you have out already ****ing work properly, please.

Hopefully the cellular fixes fix battery life

DanteMann

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2011
But...but...iOS is already polished.
But...but...it's only lens flare.
But...but...I can see an extra row of apps.
But...but...I can now take a panoramic shot like other phones have been doing for years...and say the word cheeeeeeeeese as I do it.

iOS is a joke and going forward, unless there's a massive overhaul, it will continue to be a stale joke. WP8 and Android have will be the future.

CJK

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
The Mountain Empire
Amen!

Bring back google maps.
Remove the tacky colour changing status bars.
Fix or bring back the old app store.
Bring back the cloud icons and ability to delete individual songs in itunes match.
Remove the facebook & twitter icons from the share sheets. I'm not signed into either service in settings so I don't want to see the facebook & twitter breadcrums scattered around ios.

^^^^ THIS. (Emphatically!!!)

I think iOS 6 has been the weakest major release yet. Lots of change for the sake of change, seemingly.

My biggest gripe from a usability standpoint is the ridiculous decision to REDUCE contrast in many UI elements, such as the status bar and the dialer keypad. Apparently many UI designers at Apple are <40 years old and have better than 20/20 vision.

Unlike some of the under-bridge-dwellers commenting here, I see no reason to look for alternatives to the Apple ecosystem as yet, but it's certainly disappointing to see such deficiencies in an OS that's this mature.

Last edited:

bungiefan89

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
About time. I finally fixed my App Store just last night by resetting my iPod Touch 4th Gen. It kept crashing every time I tried to search for something.

Compared to iOS 5, which let us use our iOS devices while it was synching, added the notifications center, Reminders, better iCloud integration, and turned the volume + button into a camera shutter release... iOS 6 has been a major letdown.

All iOS 6 has done is changed a few colors and slightly tweaked some menues, while removing Google Maps and the YouTube app, (both of which worked just fine) and make a whole bunch of people online upset with the new Apple Maps app. Overall, I'd say a major letdown from Apple.

Ori

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
Funny how it doesn't mention the Bluetooth bug that has come in now with no sound going through on some devices. My iPhone 4S connected fine to my toyota, but my 5 is riddled with issues of dropping connections and worse is when I answer a call. Can't hear anything! It's ok when I make a call though.

Also, 2 second delay before anyone can hear you when answering ANY call.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
Only thing I've noticed is the horizontal line thing. Has happened to me 2-3 times.

Other than that, I have no issues.

mosimann

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2010
Almost impossible to connect to Wifi with my Iphone5, changed back to a 4S with IOS6 and had a couple issues with it too. Never had any problems with IOS5.

Also completely disliked the new App Store layout.

The "bigger" screen on the Iphone5 doesn't bring any help to typing, seriously considering a Galaxy Note 2. That's what I call a bigger screen, lol.

larrybeo

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
6 hours of use is GREAT!

I've done absolutely everything, restored as new phone, replaced the phone, changed settings. everything. Still can't get more than 5-6 hours of usage and like 10-12 hours of standby.

Based on your comment this is probably your first iPhone. The battery will never last longer than 6 hours. I'm happy to get 4 hours of use out of it if I'm constantly streaming data.

Check out the Mophie Juice cases if you need more power - because it's not soemthing Apple is going to "fix".

caligomez

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
San Juan, PR
Wasn't iOS 6 supposed to feature automatic toggling between WiFi and LTE, depending on the better signal? I wish that would be included.. Sometimes I'm having lunch across the street from my office, and I have to turn Wi Fi off because the signal is way too weak to work, and it won't switch automatically to cel data. It's a pain, because I start to browse, and then notice the problem, so I have to stop and go back to settings. Happens all the time.. At home, my favorite Starbucks, work, etc..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.