Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:26 PM   #1
CptBucky
macrumors member

Hard Drive Rack Options?

Hi,

I have an Airport Extreme which is wonderful and does the job well. I've been thinking about upgrading to a Time Capsule because what I want is some extra storage for my rMBP.

I thought about partitioning a Time Capsule and using the extra partition as storage. However, what I really would like is a rack-like tower to slot some 3.5" Hard Drives into.

I have a 3TB HDD and a few others. I would like a rack (with Ethernet-out) where I could just slot my Hard Drives into and access them over my network.

Does anybody know of any such hardware that could do this for me? All I have been able to find so far are server-storage solutions which are very expensive.

All I want is an empty rack with, say, four 3.5" HDD slots that could connect to my network via Ethernet.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

Tom
CptBucky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:05 AM   #2
macdaddy001
macrumors newbie

Synology Disks Station

Buy a Synology Diskstation or a similiar NAS box

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBucky View Post
Hi,

I have an Airport Extreme which is wonderful and does the job well. I've been thinking about upgrading to a Time Capsule because what I want is some extra storage for my rMBP.

I thought about partitioning a Time Capsule and using the extra partition as storage. However, what I really would like is a rack-like tower to slot some 3.5" Hard Drives into.

I have a 3TB HDD and a few others. I would like a rack (with Ethernet-out) where I could just slot my Hard Drives into and access them over my network.

Does anybody know of any such hardware that could do this for me? All I have been able to find so far are server-storage solutions which are very expensive.

All I want is an empty rack with, say, four 3.5" HDD slots that could connect to my network via Ethernet.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

Tom
macdaddy001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Tags
hdd rack