Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chodarth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2011
I have purchased a few domain names through http://www.namecheap.com and I am currently shopping around for a host. Has anyone used namecheap to host their site? How is it? Would you recommend an alternative hosting site?

Oh, and what do you think of wordpress vs. weebly?

Last edited:

tappR8

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
Dreamhost and Wordpress

I am trying to start a blog and I've been doing a lot of research. I keep hearing good things about Dreamhost and I saw this discount code for $5 off using "CHEAPBLOG73" but I haven't tried it yet. I've also heard that Weebly is super easy to use but not as versatile as Wordpress.

I'm so new to this that honestly I have the same questions as you! I'm concerned about starting a blog somewhere and wishing I had done it elsewhere, and then not being able to transfer it. Do you know if it is possible to advertise on blogs that utilize free hosts? Let me know what you learn please!

bronxred

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Bronx
Happy Blogging!

You can advertise on blogs that utilize free hosts, like Tumblr, but many will charge for it. I've been with Dreamhost for nine years and they have always been quick, courteous and helpful whenever I've had an issue or question of any kind. They have all the usual "unlimited" stuff, a great control panel, and ONE-CLICK installation of WordPress.

Jake :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.