Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:18 AM   #1
Nicksevier
macrumors newbie

Orange livebox compatibility with airport express

I have a French orange livebox and need to extend the network due to weak signal around house. For this I chose airport express, having bought three to achieve this I am unable to extend the network. I can join the network, but when I try to extend network I am unable to do this.
This problem has been bugging me for a couple of years.
Is there a solution?
Nicksevier is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:49 AM   #2
Weaselboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksevier View Post
I have a French orange livebox and need to extend the network due to weak signal around house. For this I chose airport express, having bought three to achieve this I am unable to extend the network. I can join the network, but when I try to extend network I am unable to do this.
This problem has been bugging me for a couple of years.
Is there a solution?
To extend both devices need to support WDS protocol. The Airport Express does support this, but from a little Google-fu I did it looks like the Livebox does not.

What you could do is buy two Expresses and setup the first one hard wired ethernet to the Livebox in bridge mode. Then you could use a second Express to extend from the first one.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:56 PM   #3
Nicksevier
macrumors newbie

Thanks I was thinking along those lines but will try now
Nicksevier is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking