Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newportbeach

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2008
"The iPad 2 sticks around for $399, and new 4th-gen iPad with Retina starts at $499" - So the iPad 3 was basically a non existent product. NICE APPLE!

Romey-Rome

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
"The iPad 2 sticks around for $399, and new 4th-gen iPad with Retina starts at $499" - So the iPad 3 was basically a non existent product. NICE APPLE!

It is nice. If it's non-existent, then no spare parts. Applecare+ drop should get you the new model then? That or just tase it.

Tingler

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2012
I guess I'll have to eat my words about them not introducing the 4th generation iPad so soon.

Yetihunter

macrumors member
May 1, 2012
See, at least I knew what I bought into with the "2012" Mac pro, so my empathy goes out to you , really.

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
I bet all of those 3rd Gen iPad owners whining right now are the same ones who told me to just shut up when Apple decided to not bless the iPad 1st Gen with iOS 6...whiners are gonna whine...

Newjackboy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
Can't wait to see the detailed specs. If this is lighter than the ipad 3, then I'm in!

Big question now- surely there won't be an update next spring. Probably reverting to a October schedule from now on

What then do apple bring out in the spring time? Can't have such a large gap until WWDC in June

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Oh cry me a river, ipad 3 owners. You got what you paid for, and it's no worse today than it was yesterday. This was a good move to get the iPad on par with the iPhone 5 in terms of performance and connector. If it's that big a deal, sell your old one and pay the difference ( not that I think it's worth it).

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Not much of an upgrade...definitely skipping

A better FaceTime camera and less weight would have tempted me, but the only difference seems to to be the processor which honestly I don't think needs improvement.

Lindsford

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2012
People are complaining about them refreshing it? It's not as if its half the weight and screen is better. It's literally a minor spec bump with the additional lightning cable. Who cares? It you have an iPad 2/3 you should be happy. It's not the end of the world. I believe they made it so minor so people wouldn't feel as screwed over. Now if it was a complete redesign with better battery thinner/lighter etc. I'd be upset. But it's a minor spec bump at best: The world isn't gonna end because you only have a 3rd generation that'll still do ell the same tasks you used it for yesterday, today.

fatboyslick

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Livid

This is a real kick in the teeth for those who bought iPad 3.
Are Apple going to do some kind of upgrade offer?

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Can't wait to see the detailed specs. If this is lighter than the ipad 3, then I'm in!

Big question now- surely there won't be an update next spring. Probably reverting to a October schedule from now on

What then do apple bring out in the spring time? Can't have such a large gap until WWDC in June

It appears to be exactly the same except for the chip and the connector. The specs are up on Apple.com

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
I'm really not trying to be "that guy", but MAN am I glad I didn't pull the trigger on a 3rd gen. NOT SAYING THEY SUCK, but come on.....A6X. That alone outdates the 3rd gen in my mind....especially considering they're the same price. 8 months = mildly outdated. lol. Processing power is HUGE, especially considering that pretty much everything is dependent on it for speed.

Ok, I was "that guy". Sorry.

All of it is true though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.