Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skysailing

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
Why can't Apple just release the damn thing.
tumblr_m6x0u63P2C1raa31eo1_500.gif

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
The sooner the better, 10.7 is completely broken, I get an unusable framerate with any video played.

3.4Ghz CPU
16GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB
Win8 64-bit Release Preview (10.6.3 worked perfectly fine)

Definitely not a problem with my hardware specs, tried formatting and doing a full reload of the OS from scratch, but still no joy. A lot of discussions over on the Apple site with no solution (disabling Direct3D acceleration doesn't fix it, and the video play fine in QuickTime).

C.Kowalski

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2012
Vienna, AT
The sooner the better, 10.7 is completely broken, I get an unusable framerate with any video played.

3.4Ghz CPU
16GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6850 1GB
Win8 64-bit Release Preview (10.6.3 worked perfectly fine)

Definitely not a problem with my hardware specs, tried formatting and doing a full reload of the OS from scratch, but still no joy. A lot of discussions over on the Apple site with no solution (disabling Direct3D acceleration doesn't fix it, and the video play fine in QuickTime).

Although I don't know the quality of Microsoft's preview releases, it might have something to do with you using an evaluation copy of Windows 8 which might be not as stable as the RTM release. Have you tried it on Windows 7?

Besides that, Apple, release that iTunes! NOW! I'm off for Prague in a couple of hours and there won't be a lot of internet I guess and I don't want to use crappy iTunes 10. Come on!

towg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2012
Cardiff
Although I don't know the quality of Microsoft's preview releases, it might have something to do with you using an evaluation copy of Windows 8 which might be not as stable as the RTM release. Have you tried it on Windows 7?

Besides that, Apple, release that iTunes! NOW! I'm off for Prague in a couple of hours and there won't be a lot of internet I guess and I don't want to use crappy iTunes 10. Come on!

Tell Tim I'm going to kill a puppy on the hour every hour I have to wait for it...

kidintown

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
they just released an update for final cut pro and other stuff, i'm sooo hoping for iTunes..give it to me apple...i don't wanna care about a fuggin' final cut update tonight!

C.Kowalski

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2012
Vienna, AT
they just released an update for final cut pro and other stuff, i'm sooo hoping for iTunes..give it to me apple...i don't wanna care about a fuggin' final cut update tonight!

You made my heart bump when I read "Apple just released an update for". Then it went all down and I got mad. Ugh...

CKohkah

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2008
Being that the iBooks 3.0 update wasn't pushed out yet today, I'm sure if it does iTunes 11 will get sent out around the same time. Its only 2:30pm in Cupertino, lots of time before everyone goes home today...

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Tbh seeing the FCP X update, that's far more important than iTunes 11, which I'm still expecting today. But damn, they actually added native RED support, that was basically the last missing feature. This app became something quite good in 1.5 years.

C.Kowalski

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2012
Vienna, AT
i'm sorry. i'm so excited for itunes..need it now
and i see we are living in the same city..vienna :)

As long as it's the original Vienna in Austria, well hello! Where're you from? I'm currently in Simmering - the south-eastern edge of Vienna. Otherwise, cheers to all those Viennas in the U.S.

I never used FCPX that lot. I once tried it but it wasn't as good as Premiere that I'm used to... Anyway, why is it that hard for Apple to just flip a trigger let people download iTunes 11 (at least via MAS)? They don't even have to change their web templates which I assume are already ready to be changed!

(by the way, it's 23:55 here in Europe!)

kidintown

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
As long as it's the original Vienna in Austria, well hello! Where're you from? I'm currently in Simmering - the south-eastern edge of Vienna. Otherwise, cheers to all those Viennas in the U.S.

I never used FCPX that lot. I once tried it but it wasn't as good as Premiere that I'm used to... Anyway, why is it that hard for Apple to just flip a trigger let people download iTunes 11 (at least via MAS)? They don't even have to change their web templates which I assume are already ready to be changed!

(by the way, it's 23:55 here in Europe!)

yeah i mean vienna in austria...i'm from neubau :)

and i need the new itunes now -.-

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
They haven't released new iBooks (which they said they'd do today) so I have faith that they're looking to pop that and iTunes 11 around the same time.

If not, we have a week to wait at most, but I really hope it's today..

kidintown

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
No news so far, are there? If this isn't changing it seems that I'll have to leave Austria with crappy iTunes 10. I'm gonna go sleep in about half an hour! Damn you, time zones!

i'm always up late so i hope it will be up in the next hours! but right now..no news :( but ibooks isn't still updated in the itunes store!

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
As cool as that stuff was, I'm not buying any of it. iTunes, I use on a daily basis, all day long - and have been pining for a refresh since iTunes 8 only to be disappointed year after year. They *finally* announce the top down refresh I've been dreaming of, and get left out to dry...

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Considering that we've been teased that iTunes would get a major overhaul then it doesn't seem good that it was completely ignored because maybe it's just a small facelift and nothing more. And that's a shame because iTunes desperately needs some major attention.

kidintown

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
i'm sure we're getting it today...they haven't talked about it because they did at the keynote last month. iBooks update is not even out yet. we'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.