Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:35 PM   #1
nuke557
macrumors newbie

Illustrator CS6 Help via Command-Shift-/

In all OSX apps, you can hit Command-Shift-/ and it will open the Help menu with the cursor at the "Search" box. This is great, because it allows you to quickly find and invoke menu commands from the keyboard. Especially useful in programs with hundreds of buried menu options.

My problem: in Illustrator CS6 - this shortcut seems to be overridden. I can't find any way to get it back within Illustrator's keyboard prefs, nor can I override is from OSX Keyboard shortcuts as Illustrator doesn't play nice with it. This was not an issue in Illustrator CS5, nor is it in other apps of the CS6 suite.

Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-10-23 at 19.34.55 .png
Views:	5
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	371741  
nuke557 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics