Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:32 AM   #1
eclipse
macrumors 6502a

Does Scribefire backup the whole blog?

Hi,
I've just installed Scribefire for my Wordpress.com blogging.

1. Does it archive my whole blog when I export it to my desktop? Is it all there, no matter how old, and does it include pictures? Comments? If it does export the whole blog, how would I retrieve it all to install on another blog? (Just IMPORT it from the same file I exported it to, and then change the weblog info?)

2. How do I check if my really old posts are there? Scribefire only seems to have my last 20 or so posts... but I've been blogging for years. Is there some browse function I'm not finding in Scribefire that shows me older posts?

3. Do you know if there is a menu item to format for headings (my Wordpress template H1 or H2 tags) or do I just use the drop down menu "Insert a custom HTML tag" (which is quite fast anyway, but requires you to change to code view.)

Cheers all!

Last edited by eclipse; Oct 21, 2012 at 12:46 AM.
eclipse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:01 PM   #2
SrWebDeveloper
macrumors 68000

I visited the "support forum" for that software only to find out the latest submissions were from 2010 and the site URL has been dead since 2011. I was also very skeptical learning you have to download specific versions for specific browser (SF4, 2011) - not a best practice. Not saying you won't find help in the long run, but you might be on your own for this one, hint hint.

With that said, I did find basic info on export/import:
http://www.techerator.com/2011/07/wr...th-scribefire/

Since it says copy/paste for import see if you can open the export file in a text editor and determine what has been included or not. Start that way, that's what I'd do. Hope this helps, but I doubt it!

Last edited by SrWebDeveloper; Oct 23, 2012 at 02:22 PM.
SrWebDeveloper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:47 PM   #3
eclipse
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrWebDeveloper View Post
I visited the "support forum" for that software only to find out the latest submissions were from 2010 and the site URL has been dead since 2011. I was also very skeptical learning you have to download specific versions for specific browser (SF4, 2011) - not a best practice. Not saying you won't find help in the long run, but you might be on your own for this one, hint hint.

With that said, I did find basic info on export/import:
http://www.techerator.com/2011/07/wr...th-scribefire/

Since it says copy/paste for import see if you can open the export file in a text editor and determine what has been included or not. Start that way, that's what I'd do. Hope this helps, but I doubt it!
Thanks, that is actually helpful. I was under the illusion that it was still a current project.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development