Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:48 PM   #1
nateo200
macrumors 68030

Mac Mini for FCP X and heavier applications?

I might pick up a Mac Mini as my next computer with the quad core, throw 16GB's of RAM and use that as my primary machine for FCP X, After Effects and encoding...its tiny enough I could carry it with me to work and home if needed...I'll be editing primarily DSLR footage but I expect to be editing footage from RED Scarlets in the future at like 4K....Right now I use my 2010 13" MacBook Pro with a fricken Core 2 Duo...I was thinking the Mac Mini would be a good choice with the quad core and I could easily throw in more RAM in the future and with Thunderbolt future upgrade paths seam unlimited...heck we could have External CPU's to add on in the future! But my main interest is editing video without swearing at my computer...this is sort of a critical moment. Any insight? I gotta get onto the quad core to speed up rendering times...
-Canon 550D, GoPro3 Black
nateo200 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video